Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from what I know about Ford's testing is that it proves nothing beyond a trucks ability to be abused for a short period of time under a controlled enviroment. They do not test day to day driving after 80,000 miles or any other scenario that could occur after the factory warranty has expired. That is what they are concerned about-how much MONEY they could lose to repair under warranty not how much MONEY you will lose paying for repairs after warranty expires. Every automobile producer is in the business of making MONEY, not watching out for your happiness and well-being 5 years after purchase. You can see how well the company believes in the product based on how long the factory warranty is. That is why we have plastic parts as part of our motor-guaranteed for 36 mos. or 36000 miles (and thats about all they lasted) It aint a FORD problem it's a corporate mentality of greed based on deception by ommission. It's what they don't say that will cost you.

There- said all of that without one curse word... not bad for owner of a 2001 grandma trac that runs 13's down the track

I'm sure high mileage testing is done but I believe the results are lousy enough to keep the warranty at 36 mos or 36,000 or Ford would lose more money fixing things that they know will go wrong. A lot of these problems are due to lousy maintenance as well. I've seen how some people (don't) maintain a vehicle then fuss when it dies.