Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: 07 ST is "Built Ford Tough" by SeattleSportTrac,11/30/2006 16:18 CT

All that testing and they didn't find the V8s that had the problems. Interesting. Ford must be doing something right though to lose close to $7B

Maybe all this testing has something to do with the St. Louis Explorer Assembly Plant that Ford had to close last year. The Explorers are so tough that once you get one, they never break or wear out, so folks don't want to buy anymore of them?

The Explorers are so tough that once you get one, they never break or wear out, so folks don't want to buy anymore of them?

Uh...yeah. I'm sure it has nothing to do with them looking like a pimp's ride, or that they get 15 mpg, or that they lose 30% of their resale value as soon as its titled. :blink:

:lol: @ SST

I was wondering that too. Besides the fact, he is supposedly working for Ford, and then bad-mouths one of his company's own products.

Ya like dealers wouldn't be sellin' em, silly goose. 07's are EONS above your grandpa Tracs. They are the ones fallin apart.

He didn't work on that product, so obviously, it's wrong. Traditional engineer move.

They haven't had enough time to fall apart yet. Didn't the new ST have engine problems? Oh, yeah, it did. Hey, it's still better then a new BMW....

R,

Could you please email me the original information you posted. I would like to see it.

Thanks a bunch.

Tom