Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you expect? Want us to jump around in giddiness because of a report about how well the Super Duty preforms on tests? Coming from a Ford guy?

It's not as if Ford is the only company doing these tests. With Ford dripping in red ink, I reckon they could use all the positive PR they can get.

Wow...R...way to be an adult! Way to whip out the "6 figures" quib...most people that whip things out for public display are typically dealing with inferiority complexes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right...

File that information under the "Kinda cool to know but not gonna amount to a hill of beans" column.

In the end, it doesn't matter how strict or extensive the testing is, if the product in the end isn't what someone wants, they won't buy. If the dealers treat their customers poorly, then the customer won't return. If the product feel like its of poor quality or just doesn't feel "right", then the customer will want to get rid of it.

Having been through all of these extensive testing, supposedly "millions of miles", how does one explain the engine problems that plaqued more then a few members with early builds? Isn't the testing supposed to eliminate the "first run" problems?

If I'm sitting in a dealer's waiting room because my engine just crapped out, I'm not thinking "How could this have happened?! Ford tested this vehicle!" I'm thinking about a) ripping the motor and computer out for reliable/workable stuff, and b) how much I could get on a trade-in.

Why do I even bother?

Perhaps you're right, "R", maybe I should just trust Ford to tell me why the vehicles they make are so good and why others are so bad.

But then I read and hear about how Chevy claims they are better.

Then Toyota, Nissan and Dodge all claim they are better in some way. More HP, more payload, more cabin space, more towing. Its all so confusing.

Perhaps I should stop doing all the research I do. Perhaps Ford should step in and make boards such as this have only positive messages, after all, Ford is the best and longest lasting, so says Ford.

R, why all the bitterness? So some picked apart the "data" you provided. Why delete it and try to stop the exchange of ideas and opinions?

Seriously, have you been drinking?

You've known along who the bad apples are on here that show no respect

Can't argue that, R. The attitude in your posts in this thread makes it very clear who the bad apples are.

Last edited by a moderator: