38 inch project Sport Trac on the street

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

Just wanted to let you see the finished project:

baa4666def0c33ae2f5b11faf3282406.jpg

More pictures at the link...

:cool:

Constructive comments welcome :huh:

Wow, that's incredible. I can tell some major craftsmanship was done to complete such an amazing mod, very nice. I'm not crazy about the fender flares, maybe if the cladding was painted to match as well they would look alittle better on it. Either way, fantastic job on the suspension work.

Wow, that's incredible. I can tell some major craftsmanship was done to complete such an amazing mod, very nice. I'm not crazy about the fender flares, maybe if the cladding was painted to match as well they would look alittle better on it. Either way, fantastic job on the suspension work.

I am not a lift/lower person, But It looks good !!!!

Todd Z

Please send more pictures and details about what you have done. Eventually, I want to lift mine too. It cool that you are in Iceland. We are getting more international members here. I volunteered for a job in Iceland a few years ago, but was sent to the Azores instead. I always wondered how it would have been there. I'm told it is beautiful. :D

Awesome Lift on that ST. It looks SWEET!!! I enjoyed reading the story on how you got it. Good luck with it. Happy off-roading!

Tommy

Thanks a bunch :D

To answer some of the questions:

- Rear end is the stock Ford 8.8 with added four link suspension and air bags.

- Front end is a Dana 44 from a 1974ish Bronco with air bags.

Main thing for me is not the looks (pretty good though?) but the off road abilities. I will be using the Sport Trac as the main flagship for the 4x4OffRoads.com web site...

:cool:

finally, now they can see the potential. im doin the same... dana 44, chromolys, arb, warn premiums, 512s, 44s. now i have a better idea how it fits. nice. id like to talk to you about how you set up ur steering. i was goin to use a 79 bronco box but id like to know if theres another way