2008 rear seat

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck Ray

Reaction score
Been away from Sport Tracs for some time. I'm currently looking at a 2008 Adrenalin on the internet. I remember that my 2001 rear seats would lay down and I wondered if they still do on the 08.

C Ray ... while the back seats do still lay down in the Gen 2 ST, the rear headrests in the Gen 2 STA [@ least] are much larger, but they too fold forward easily FYI.

They do lay down however there is a big difference compared to the Gen 1 models. Gen 1 seats fold flat and cover the entire area. In thew Gen 2 there is a large gap in the back of the seat when laid flat. Ford provides a flimsy flap of card board and felt but it will not hold any weight. I needed the entire area to be flat so my large Greyhounds could sit/lay in that area. With that flat area exposed I had to create a foam cushion to fill that area. I then have some dog bed pads that lay on top of the entire area. That way their feet don't fall into that empty space behind the seat. I'd suggest taking a look or having the owner of the ST send you a photo. It was not hard in creating a foam cushion then covering it with leather.

They do lay down however there is a big difference compared to the Gen 1 models. Gen 1 seats fold flat and cover the entire area. In thew Gen 2 there is a large gap in the back of the seat when laid flat. Ford provides a flimsy flap of card board and felt but it will not hold any weight. I needed the entire area to be flat so my large Greyhounds could sit/lay in that area. With that flat area exposed I had to create a foam cushion to fill that area. I then have some dog bed pads that lay on top of the entire area. That way their feet don't fall into that empty space behind the seat. I'd suggest taking a look or having the owner of the ST send you a photo. It was not hard in creating a foam cushion then covering it with leather.

Thanks Heywardjr your description made it real clear. As with you my dogs are my concern. Now all I have to do is decide if I'm ready to give up my Lightning.

Latest posts