07 Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my 07 Limited too.

I do have an issue getting the freakin Michelin tires balanced though. They have been balanced about 4 times now......2400 miles on them. I don't understand why they can't get them balanced right.

Pet Peeves:

The moonroof and rear window switches. Instead of arrows on them why couldn't they label them "up" "down" "tilt" "open" etc?

The outside temp display and compass. Why didn't they put them all in one place instead of compass in the info center, outside temp on the climate control screen. How about on the mirror like it used to be.

I also had a hard time seeing out the windshield in a couple of our snows this year. I had the defrost on full tilt amd had to keep hitting the windshield washer soultion over and over to keep it clear. Cured that with a new set of high quality wiper blades and it seems to have cured it. Never replaced wiper blades on any of my previous new cars at 2000 miles before.

Regular applications of Rain-X will help keep the windshield clear also.

No truck has a rear defroster unless you get into a full blown SUV or van...a crew cab (I guess that's kind of what a ST is) defrosts the window with the heated air in the cab...with a bigger SUV the passenger compartment is too big. I've never seen a rear window defroster on any pickup...'sides who would want those lines running through their rear window anyway?

Actually, Toyota has offered the option of a power-sliding rear window with defogger on the Tundra ever since it debuted. And it's now a standard feature on the "CrewMax" (four-door) Tundra.

Personally, I've never had much of a problem with the rear window of my ST fogging up unless I had several people in the back seat. Sure, a rear defogger would be a nice feature to have, but I don't consider it necessary on my ST.

If I would've seen this site before I got the Trac, I never would've got it. I'm happy with my 03, even if I have issues with it, I got it used and it gives me an excuse to work on it. I do understand, if you pay $34,000 you expect to have no issues. The 07 ST does not do well with the critics and they all seem to agree that you can do much better for the $$$.

If Honda could do it 10 years ago, I'd think Ford could do it now.

If ford had the technology to disassemble a Honda to copy their product. Uh, wait, ford can't afford a Honda to disassemble... :lol:

I do have an issue getting the freakin Michelin tires balanced though. They have been balanced about 4 times now......2400 miles on them. I don't understand why they can't get them balanced right.

Ask for a new set of wheels with new tires. Good luck.

I will gladly trade my 04 adren for any ones 07 v8.... Even steven...... ????

Todd Z

No truck has a rear defroster unless you get into a full blown SUV or van...a crew cab (I guess that's kind of what a ST is) defrosts the window with the heated air in the cab...with a bigger SUV the passenger compartment is too big. I've never seen a rear window defroster on any pickup...'sides who would want those lines running through their rear window anyway?

I had a friend who had a 1985 Toyota pickup SR5 that had the rear window defroster as a factory option. I thought it was a real neat option.

My '07 has several limitations that I am not real excited about, but all-in-all, the V8, the quiet interior, and the much better ride and handling go a long way to making it a much better vehicle than the '03 Adrenalin I traded for it. Some of my gripes would be reduced if I would have ordered the exact trac and options I wanted, rather than taking one off the lot. For example, the moonroof takes way too much headroom away from my 6'-3" body, and I am not a big fan of the light tan interior.

Of course if Ford could have offered a 6-speed manual transmission with the V8, that would have been the bomb.

However, like I said, I am much happier with my '07 than I was with the '03 Adrenalin. The '07 is an improvement, even though it does regress in several other areas.

you know IF ford offered every option out there the truck would be $50,000.00.

Todd Z

I have a Toyota Tundra and I will never buy another. The transmission would not shift until

your speed reached 60 mph. They could not find a fix so the whole transmission was

replaced under warranty since it only had 10,000 miles on it. I just returned from a 1,300 mile trip each way pulling a small trailer and gas mileage was 5.5 lowest to 9.9 with a

strong tail wind. Most of the time it was 6 to 7 mpg. I want my F150 back. No more

Toyota's for me....................:angry:

As far as ride and handling currently, I am happy. It would be nice to have heated mirrors, one thing I miss from my Dodge. I also don't care too much for the shape of them. The cab has started making weird noises near the front left side and rear since about 800 miles. Not sure what it is, but it's annoying. Maybe when it's in for service they will fix it? Oh, and 16mpg city would be nice too. :)

I didn't have any problems with the rear window fogging up this winter - and I live up in the cold of Ontario, Canada! I do wish I would have ordered the truck with the heated windshield, which now comes bundled with heated mirrors. And I wish I have the rear parking sensors, as it is hard to judge how close you to objects when backing up. I am pleased with my Limited 4x4 V8, it works great in the snow. I find the transmission works fine. Only dislike for me is the brake pedal feel can be inconsistent - sometime the pedal sinks further down than other times.

I love my 02 ST and could not be happier with it but I only paid 19,000 for it. I've said all along the ST is NOT a 30,000 vehicle. I don't care how much extra crap you get on it, it still the same vehicle underneath. The ONLY way I would pay that much for an ST is if they gave me a 10 year warranty.

I have an 07 xlt 2wd V8 and I absolutly love it. as far as fit and finish is concerned, mine is tight as a drum. the transmission seems to lag sometimes when it needs to kick down though and the camel interior is nice, but it attracts dirt like a magnet. I wish I had gotten leather. I guess I need to order those okole seat covers.

the only option I wish I could add is the leather steering wheel. shame it cannot be retrofitted.

all in all I am quite pleased. this is my first truck, first ford, first automatic and first american car after 23 years of driving.

I honestly dont care about gas mileage. after 8 years living in scandinavia with 6 dollar a gallon gas. 2.50 seems cheap to me.

the lack of a transmission dipstick seems to be the norm now. 2 weeks ago I went with a friend to purchase a toyota fj, it had a "sealed" transmission as well.

cheers,

I've taken some automotive classes and one of my professors said the "sealed" transmission is just another way to get people to spend more money on service. If you need it checked, unless you can do it yourself, it needs to be taken in and serviced from underneath. Now mind you this is coming from an automotive professor, so I am just repeating what he has told me.