07 4.0 faster than 01-05 4.0?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Tassillo

Reaction score
i pulled up to the light last night next to and older trac (white in color) and he reved at me and i looked to my girl and she just smiled. as the light turned green i hit the TC button and chirped and away we went when i shifted from first to second i could no longer see the front of his trac and i kept pulling from there on out. are the 07's that much faster? i mean i dont know how many miles he had in it and i run low grade so i mean i figured he would at least stay with me. thought wrong i guess.

It's hard to say.....definitely could be age effecting his performance. (my age effects my performance all the time...lol)

with me having a badge i dont normally get a ticket but i mean it was first gear i guess the 07 only gained 14 ftlb of torque not horsepower. but your right age does effect proformance.

07 geared higher.

With that being said, I'm willing to bet I could take you down in a race.

thats cool maybe you can. i got rid of the RSX so that i was shifting hard and blowing off at every change of gear.... i sold it to a buddy so if you wanna go with that we can go. but if your not runnin 12's or better ill see you at the finish line. hehe

MPTonyT,

I will take your race with th RSX Type S against my Honda 1000RR. Sound fair to you? Yeah didnt think so! Just like raceing a performance car against a truck!

Devin,

everyones always got something faster than the next person. all im saying is stock vs stock whatever. stock vs. modified not fair but anywho. was asking a simple question didnt mean to start conflict. im an enthusiast as we all are.

Adam must have looked in my library

Nah, I remember the small talk about the dyno results, though, at Louisville. :) They may have been off, but it was apparent you expected them to show more of what is really there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam,

You forget some of us have had our Tracs dynoed in other places so we know what they should be.....

MP, The new St has different gearing in the tranny thus making it easier for the engine to get the truck up and moving....

Also a bone stock 01-05 is a dog any way......I drove the 07 V6 and it is definitely faster...

Todd Z

Latest posts