'01 removable center console

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an '01 trac with the cool (sarcasm) removable console that I've hated since I bought my truck two years ago. My slightly intoxicated buddy recently tried lifting the armrest with the rear cup holder in the out position and snapped it off, so it's now time to get a new one. Now to my point...I am wondering if anyone here has replaced this abomination with the full console from the newer-model ST and how they did it. Any help would be great. Hope I didn't offend anyone who really digs their little removable bag console...you're in denial buddy. :D

I also have a Job 1 ST and want the High Series console, can I use the console in a 2003 or up?...what year ST would the High Series no longer be compatible if any

thanks

Sport Tracs 2001-2005 will have compatible consoles that you can switch out. CoastieJoe might be able to help you find some high series consoles from nearby junkyards.

The only thing is, if you have an 01/02, and you get an '03 and up, the colors won't match. And the '04 and up doesn't have Radio controls for the rear. (I didn't hook those up anyway)

I have the praire tan interior in my '01. Isn't this the only tan option for every year they were made? I never noticed a difference. But then again I don't have normal color perception, as proven by my junior high school nurse.

That shipping calculator is smoking some serious crack!!!!....

Todd Z

I got an 05' with the removable bag. Seems fine to me.

I can understand wanting to upgrade, but why be so harsh to people who like it just fine.

FWIW I could afford the XLT or 4x4 but not both. I went with the 4x4, and it came with this cool removable bag - lol

Latest posts