YouTube: Going to the Cabin

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ldhbmDR5ueA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ldhbmDR5ueA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A little off-road trek to our cabin. The mountain is privately owned, with parcels ranging from 15 to several hundreds of acres. Most use it for hunting, but my father lost interest about a decade ago and I never really picked it up. We use it now just for a nice ride and to get away.

My favorite stretch is at about the 4:10 mark.

Watch in HQ, as the video is VGA, compressed to YouTube. If you view in low quality, you really can't make out much.

For those wondering, I used a magnetic camera mount and attached my Canon S3 IS in front of the sunroof. The shake control of the camera did a great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I miss being able to go out and do when I lived out in Oregon,Washington annd Idaho. Love to go trail running, looking for some other guys to go trailin with around western Pa.

Pretty neat video. What state is that in? I'd have a hard time in your "favorite stretch "....I don't like heights...LOL! Actually, I'm looking towards buying some remote land the beginning of next year. Thanks for sharing Adam!

'07 ST:D

Great Vid Adam, looks like time for a little zaino action.

Was that shot in a burn area, most of the trees look dead.?

It's not spring yet, the leaves have not come out yet. It will be a few more weeks yet.

It's a beautiful Easter Saturday to fix some stepbars.

[Broken External Image]:

I just got back from a short run through some old strip-mining roads (mostly quad trails now). Unfortunately, the long wheelbase of the ST causes a little damage. I'll pull them both, sand, and repaint. They need it anyway.

The one thing video has trouble showing is the steepness of the roads I was on. The ST is a very capable vehicle stock.

Video later today. :)

Great Vid Adam, looks like time for a little zaino action.

Olaf nailed it. Trees will not be green for another few weeks in Northeastern PA.

Zaino? I haven't washed and waxed since (gasp) August of 2007. :wacko: I'm actually on the edge of converting it to something more off-road capable. It's five model years old (and five years since purchase), and with six months left on warranty, it's coming. :)

Cool Vid. Somewhat reminds me of a trek in Arkansas. My Dad was born in the mountains around Dover, in a 2 room log cabin. We still have kin folk living in the hills. When I was 18, I had great uncle still living in the log cabin.

Thanks for sharing..:cool:

try the same road with 4 feet of WI snow That's what makes a sport trac a sport trac i will take an incline any day over 14 inches of new snow! btw can i visit the mountain to try out my new ar -15? and of course the sport trac?

Latest posts