Your Attainable Dream Ride

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was growing up. I said to myself that I would own a Lamborghini.

Both because I like the car and it would represent making it in life.

I can afford one at this point, but no so much to the degree I can justify the cost as compared to my present life and work obligations.

Maybe when I retire as that way I can enjoy the ride....

793f982ca9ae63b647caa8c86c3123f3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
redfish,

looks familiar........... imo, one of the nicest out there :banana:

[Broken External Image]:

this is my choice..............

[Broken External Image]:

:bwahaha:

@TT,

That's why I mentioned replica. At under $20k, Factory Five makes the Mk4 roadster. So, yes, it is within even my limited reach.

Is that "turn-key", or just a rolling chassis for which you have to spend more $$$ for a drive train?

Yeah, you gotta put a little more into the drivetrain. I really am not that poor, though, lol. I could get one now if I didn't have wiser priorities. The day I am 100% debt free including mortgage, this will become a mid-level priority rather than a long term goal.

TrainTrac said:
Sure we all have dream cars, but are a Boss 302, Boss 429, or Shelby Cobra 427 S/C really "attainable" cars for you guys?

A Boss 302 is a lot more attainable for me than a Ferrari is.

Bob C,,

I would go for that hemi road runner also. I know some said that body looked like a box. But that was the best body style produced, IMO.

A high school freind had a white one, black convertable top. Black interior. 383 magnum and 727 torque-flite. He let me do the wrenching on it. New rear gears, trans valvebody. Dumped the carter 4bbl for a larger holley duoline. We had fun.

Another buddy had a '69 gtx 440. He went with long tube headers, 950 holley double pumper. Kept the 273 gears. Got radar traped comming back from galveston to houston, 172mph. The tx dps caught him with a hemi dodge. only ticketed him, Now days you go to jail..LOL

Johnny O,

Your right the '70 Boss 429 is a dream. Only 500 produced. SWSHawaii had one. Now his but is sore from kicking himself.

I've seen one BOSS 429 in my life in person. I was working a summer job in the Twin Cities, MN area and a guy had a marroon collored one and I was so excited I actually was able to see one. The other 3 people in my car were not impressed, they had no clue how rare that car is. I'm still drooling[Broken External Image]:

My dad had one just like it....ain't it a beauty?::banana:

[Broken External Image]:

OH Carlos, you found my very first car!! Mine was white/black interior. Man what a great ride that was. 396 and a 4-speed, it was tough to beat. Bob :supercool::supercool:

Seen a few Boss 429's in my life. A guy around here had one in the early 70's and I've seen a couple at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA. Still a bunch cheaper right now than a Chrysler Hemi though. The Boss 429's had no low end though, in street trim a 428CJ Mustang was faster.