Your Attainable Dream Ride

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score
Rules:

Cannot be a vehicle you couldn't really own.

You can substitute your current auto for it.

I doesn't have to be as practical as what you already have.

I'm not looking for super cars or exotics. Just vehicles that people would consider because they fit into their current life situation or budget.

Include a pic!

Mine:

2003-2004 Ford SVT Lightning in Sonic Blue. Probably would be looking at one with some miles on her because I would need to keep my current vehicles as upstate, NY winters suck!

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
1970 Boss 302 Mustang. My dad's brother had one just like this when I was a kid.

73433ea7ff9e5647729892769485f5e2.jpg

1969 Chevy Camaro, doesn't have to be a ZL1 COPO like first first car I ever owned but always regretted getting rid of that car. I wouldn't even care if it was a base model Camaro, I just would love to find another one. :supercool::driving:

1977-1979 Granada ESS with a 302 and auto in the floor. My first car was a 1979 Granada sedan, but it was almost a 1978 ESS, but it was a half quart low on oil, so my dad passed on it.

[Broken External Image]:

Even a replica would be fine.

@JohnnyO, Eddie, and Hugh:

Sure we all have dream cars, but are a Boss 302, Boss 429, or Shelby Cobra 427 S/C really "attainable" cars for you guys?

I'd love to have any one of those cars, but given their outrageously high prices in today's collector market, I personally wouldn't consider any of them truly attainable. Just sayin'...

With that said, here are my choices for an attainable dream ride:

Gen 2 Sport Trac Adrenalin

[Broken External Image]:

2008 or 2009 Mustang Bullitt

bf57e15e23c3a7bae9d8cfb0cde234ab.jpg

2009 Warriors In Pink edition Mustang coupe w/glass roof. (Only 200 made. Would look great next to the 2008 WIP Mustang already in my "stable"/garage!)

a3475d318d95643beeae962146855dd5.jpg

2008 Shelby GT (In my opinion, this car does a much better job of capturing the spirit of the '65 Shelby GT350 than the current 2011/2012 post-title package GT350 offered by Shelby American.

0f93e64d32d4f45b5009e3d3112ea38f.jpg

Bought my dream ride last August. After driving nothing but trucks and SUV's the last 30 years I almost forgot how fun it is to drive something that doesn't handle like a boat and can take a curve at 70 mph without having to worry about it rolling over. Still keeping the ST for those trips to Home Depot.

[Broken External Image]:

1958 Mercury Monterey, currently sitting on my uncles farm. Used to be my dad's. I'd love to fix it up and keep it original, or throw a Thunderbird Specail V8 into it. Black, 18 1/2' long, and I love the tail lights. My dad said the back window rolls down too, on some models, I can't remember if his does or not.

[Broken External Image]:

Not my "dream" ride but it will be in my garage in 2012 :driving: If I had enough funds it would be the new ZR1 Vette. I have been waiting for Chevy to build this car, but was looking at a GT500.

And my ST will still be parked in the garage next to it. My wife wants me to sell the ST. That was a short conversation that ended with "please leave my garage until you can have a rational conversation" :grin:

[Broken External Image]:

I also drool over my cousins 70 Olds Cutlass convertible. Everything but the tires are original equipment. She kept it in storage almost 20 years while she worked overseas. It looks like it came right off the show room floor.

[Broken External Image]:

@TT,

That's why I mentioned replica. At under $20k, Factory Five makes the Mk4 roadster. So, yes, it is within even my limited reach.

Besides, I already have my dream car. (I really need to get updated pictures in digital)

[Broken External Image]:

Everything else from here on out is just that much sweeter.

@TT,

That's why I mentioned replica. At under $20k, Factory Five makes the Mk4 roadster. So, yes, it is within even my limited reach.

Is that "turn-key", or just a rolling chassis for which you have to spend more $$$ for a drive train?