You know when you have to make your ride stand out that because FORD got real lazy on their design

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for changing the subject. I was feeling some heat on this one. But it was good to hear the feedback. It made me look at what I said a little more and I really lost track of what I was saying. Oh well made some new friends.:D

Rich - Actually, i'm not smoking anything ... got s-plan (a-plan mazda version), and have chacked both N.A.D.A and KBB ... both confirm it's worth more than I paid ...[/i] ... sorry to burst your bubble !! Oh, it's in near perfect shape & only 9,000 miles ...

Last edited by a moderator:
jsundown, I didn't mean any disrespect with my post. It's just that you're not the first one to post about how bad the ST "could be" if they designed it better. Of course I'd love it to look and run like a street dragster, but if it did, I (and many others) wouldn't have been able to afford it due to what the factory would have wanted to charge for it.:D

Don't you hate it that you have to go to extremes to make your ride stand out because someone at the car company got lazy on the design. FORD should really give us back some money for making our ST look good.

I guess this is why there are no aftermarket accessories for any vehicle but Fords? ;)

I can tell you, I could dang near buy a new ST for what my son has put into his 1 YO Neon SRT4, from wheels and tires, to larger intercooler, larger turbo, FA management computer, brakes, rotors, window tint, valve covers, intake, etc.

As for my ST, I spent about 500 on wheels, 150 on bug shield and vent visors, and about 80 on pinstriping w/flames. Oh, and 8.00 on a dive flag for the front license plate....

You spend what you want to make it YOURS. Every person has different tastes, you can't expect the manufacturer to meet all these desires.

[Broken External Image]:

Yea that whole "personalizing" thing can get expensive. I just bought a nice '00 Grand Cherokee Limited w/ leather, V8, 4X4 etc. for less then I paid for the ST's V8 swap.:)

I've got way too much into the ol Trac. Resale price is probably less then what I got into the lift, tires & drivetrain swap alone.But I still like the truck alot The Jeep is a nice, quick little SUV @ under 7 secs 0-60 w/ the 4.7 HO and is loaded as well as my old Cadi STS. My Caliber is 6 years newer then the ST ('07 vs '01) gets 30 mpg and looks, well, new. Our favorite car? or at least most confortable to drive & the most "fun" ? The Sport Trac. I've owned over 125 cars & I have never kept one more then a couple years. I've had the ST for almost 7 years now.;)

Im not into lowererd trucks only. I love them all. The pic above this is also a very nice truck. I take back everything I said. It gives us all a chance to make it fit our lifestyle. It also gives a new buyer of a ST a chance to see what others did or what I would look like if "I did this". At least now I know if I lifted my truck what it looks like. or if someone wanted to see a dark truck with black outs and etc. they can see mine or anyone else before me that did it. But I like the respose I got from this post. Because you really see how much people love there ST.:D

Latest posts