You know when you have to make your ride stand out that because FORD got real lazy on their design

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Sundown

Reaction score
Don't you hate it that you have to go to extremes to make your ride stand out because someone at the car company got lazy on the design. FORD should really give us back some money for making our ST look good. It should have came out this way instead of waiting till the year 3000 to make it look like we are doing today. So far I really think the toyota xrunner is slamming. That is just my opinion. If FORD wanted the Sport Trac to have any sport in it they should have made it a little more beefy in looks and performance when it came out. I am really upset that they didnt even throw in a hood scoop or matching colored body panels or something sporty like a nice sounding exhaust or DOHC. I think they brain washed us.:angry:

It's funny you mention this.

I was talking with a businessman who doesn't drive a Ford, never worked for an auto maker, etc. He said that Ford's biggest failure currently is that it builds vehicles that it thinks the public wants, and does not let the market dictate its designs. As such, it is in a 1950s mindset that is nothing but doom for the company.

This comment has been said on here before. I found it startling that so many of those outside-looking-in recognize this, but Ford itself does not--or does, and chooses to ignore this.

Don't you hate it that you have to go to extremes to make your ride stand out because someone at the car company got lazy on the design

If Ford had added all the things you're talking about to all the Tracs, they still would not stand out. They would all look alike as they do now. And by the way, everyone doesn't like loud pipes and Dual overhead cams.

If you had Ford do it your way you would put thousands of people out of work making and selling after-market parts.:blink:

I want one (scroll down on the link that Matt 02 posted):

F-150 Foose Edition

Known for his hot rod designs and as the star of the TV show “Overhaulin’,” Chip Foose has worked with Ford behind the scenes for many years, but with this special Foose Edition F-150, the relationship has gone public.

And as expected, this is no typical F-150. Based on the 2WD FX2 Sport, the truck has been lowered slightly and sits on 22-inch wheels. Large fender flares, wide racing strips on the hood, custom grille and dual exhaust give the Foose F-150 a high-performance look. And this truck has the power to backup those looks.

Under the hood is a 450-horsepower supercharged V8 engine with 500 lb-ft of torque, making this the most powerful truck from Ford since the 2004 F-150 SVT Lightning. The Foose Edition F-150 will go on sale in limited numbers early next year.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that you did SEE the ST before you purchased it, correct? Ford didnt come to your house and strong arm you into signing a contract, it was your choice. Sounds like you have a case of buyers remorse, or maybe you saw anothor vehicle you wish you had purchsed. In that case, it isnt Ford's fault.

Essentially the same vehicles below. Which one has the most appeal?

[Broken External Image]:

Ford Focus RS

[Broken External Image]:

Mazda 3

I bought a blue Mazda 3 last may to keep the miles off my ST ... it's worth as much now as I paid for it a year ago !! It rides, handles and accelerates pretty good (better than the focus SVT), and hauls all the stuff I need for work with plenty of room to spare ... all without being the special edition (see MazdaSpeed3 for that !! That'll smoke alot of cars, including hopped-up V8's)

math-you,

The Mazda 3 is actually based off the new Focus. They even share the same engines.

Tom

Originally my intentions of this vehicle when I bought it was to use it and park it on the street and no one will try to break into it because it was boring looking. But I felt a huge challenge to make this ride look a lot more appealing to my eyes. You're right I wasn't forced to buy it. And you're right if it came the way we wanted it to, it would look like everyone elses. I am not slamming the owners of the ST( because I am one now) I was just letting loose the fact that this vehicle should have looked a lot better. Also I looked in some older Explorer interiors and it looked the same, like the dashboard setup to the seats. I felt like I had an old interior from the Explorer in a newer dated Explorer ST Pick-up. I am happy with the way it looks now. And I am a faithful ST owner........ for now. :rolleyes:

Okay. So why did you buy it again?

I don't know whether your pointing out the fact you bought something that wasn't appealing to you or you don't like the Sport Trac, but do, but don't... :wacko:

BTW... Gen 1 ST was a home run on Ford's part... sold even with little advertisement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mud,

Gen 1 ST's were a grand slam. Vehicles like the Honda Ridgeline and all the quad cab mini-trucks were because of the Trac.

Tom

Probably true. Actually that is when I started noticing the mini quad cabs more. I guess Ford did start a trend. But I wish they made the 2007 look more like the concept pics I see of the orange ST with the lowered body stance and side vents ect....sort of like the 2 door lightning but with a nicer front.

But I wish they made the 2007 look more like the concept pics I see of the orange ST with the lowered body stance and side vents ect....sort of like the 2 door lightning but with a nicer front.

Just because you wish they did that does not mean the majority feels the same way. Make a vehicle look too exotic and people will not buy.

Tom

This is funny. You bought it because it looked "boring". If Ford put everything you wanted on it, (hood scoop, etc.) the price would go up and then you'd be complaining that they cost too much. (cheaper to do it aftermarket than to get it from the factory) The looks and functionality was what brought me to the ST. It was the first vehicle I've bought where I wasn't thinking what I can do to it when I bought it.;)

Math You,

If you actually believe that your year old Mazda is worth the same as when you bought it new, they you are smoking, snorting or injecting some illegal substance!, or you are living in some other state of euphoria. :lol::lol::lol:

...Rich

My Mazda 3 is worth more than I paid for it in Poland. You can't get the 2.3L engine here in Europe. I've had a few people interested in it, but the real car everyone here wants are the original early years design Ford Mustangs.