You dont see this often

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Gearhart

Reaction score
Saw this just down the street. Not something you see in small town Eagle Point OR very often

That is sweet. There used to be two of them in my area. I have not seen them in a while. There are a few Diablo's around here.

I think the Countach was exotic in the greatest degree. Sharp corners and big wings.

Something tells me the car you showed is a kit car and not the real deal. I just can't pinpoint why I say that. The lower valance looks odd along with the tail lights. The 4 lug wheels looks odd to. Maybe a VW conversion? I am pretty sure Countach's came with a 5 lug wheel, not 4 as pictured.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the reverse camera on this one, though.

I came close to buying a Hummer kit built on the suburban chassis, but I figured I would probably spend more times maintaining it than it was worth. I had to hand it to the guy, however, he had put a ton of real hummer body parts on it. Suspension and wheels were a dead giveaway that it was fake, but the body was almost spot on.

No, the one on the trailer is the real deal. Kit cars don't have Pirelli P7 tires on them. The one in the museum is an older model but the scoops and size are identical.

Wish I'd saved the pic, but here in Pittsburgh last year there was a Countach that was at a repair shop when we had all the flooding, in monochrome brown mud from being underwater.

Some of those kit cars are very well done, I can't find the website, but there's a guy that makes them and each one is about $70k, ver nice detailed.

Still cheaper than an original.

There was a shop a few towns over from where I used to live, they'd almost always have at least one kit-Countach in some stage of completion, normally they'd have a complete one sitting by the road as well.

While the kits may look real enough by themselves, see one parked next to the real thing and it quickly become obvious which is the real one.

the red one is a total kit, the pain job will give them away everytime.

The paint jobs are guaranteed for life usually on cars in that price range, that one looks like a MACO 250.00.

Yeh and what in the heck is in that box between the tailpipes. Most new kit cars are now built on Porche Boxster frames. They have done away with the VW and Fiero kits.

Latest posts