y-pipe

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think the y pipe is because IT removes the Pre cats... But if the shop does not know they even where there, they will never know....

I have no problem passing a legit emissions test here in NY...

Todd Z

Greg...the Y-pipe should be legal here in Texas. In Texas if your precats go bad it is legal to eliminate them. I have had shops build cat-less y-pipes in the past. I think California only, requires them..

Speaking of the Y-pipe, does anyone know of another place to buy it and/or the Random Technologies high-flow cat now that HIA is no longer reliable? Can you buy them straight from Random Technologies?

I would recommend calling Random Tech, since they make them, they might be able to give you the info. But I do tend to oversimply things. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
TrainTrac,

Since we don't currently have a sponsor selling the Y-pipes here is some information. I think you can buy them directly from Random but don't know for how much. I do know that Martel Brothers (used to be a site sponsor here) sells them. I just ordered one last week after waiting forever for Wayne, and the total price shipped was $326. You can find the direct link below. I haven't received it yet because it is a special order but should be receiving it next week. Then it will be off to Todd Z's for installation. :D

If anyone wants to buy I can send you a referral email (since I already bought) and you are supposed to receive a discount code. I don't know what type of discount though.

George

Latest posts