Xcalibrator 2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just received my XCalibrator 2 in the mail today. Was looking at the instructions sheet. The first step sas to disconnect the fuel pump and electric fan fuses. I seem to remember everyone saying this thing was just plug and play. Do you have to remove these fuses? If so what fuse number are they on a 2004 XLT Trac? Thanks.:unsure:

Reading from the instruction sheet: Program Vehicle Menu: First disconnect the fuel pump and electric fan fuses. I would go and do this now but its raining out. Guess I will have to wait until tommorrow unless this is an unnessessary step.:unsure:

I did the same thing Adam did, and had no problems, but of course it is always best to follow the instructions.

D-

I have reprogrammed mine from stock to 87 octane to 93 octane back and forth several times now and have had no issues...

oh , ok. Thanks Larry. I thought there might have been problems with the actual Xcal. Glad to hear there wasn't ,I'm looking to get one soon.

under the hood there are 2- 30 amp yellow fuses in the box, top row in the middle, the one on the right is the Fuel pump fuse..

Todd Z

OHH I could have such fun making you look all around for a fuse that does not exist...:lol::lol:

There is no electric fan on the st... No fuse to pull:)

Todd Z

Thanks Todd your the man. Boy I hope I dont have trans problems after doing these mods. Seems like alot of problems are starting to pop up. Never new they existed before.:rolleyes:

Just notice that ALL the tranny problems are on trucks that DON'T have Xcals on them and have had EPC projects done on them...

Todd Z

I asked Wayne about the fan and fuel pump fuse. He said that it was only for high preformance after market pumps and fans. It's a power draw issue. He told me that it does not apply to a stock ST. So just plug in your programer and go.

Bob

Mine was shipped yesterday. Too bad it won't be here this weekend. Now I will have to wait a week. I am doing the Y-pipe too.

PS: Todd Z you have Email......

Latest posts