Xcal2 for the '07 ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat Freeman

Reaction score
Is an Xcal2 version available for the '07 ST? If so, will using it be an impact to my warranty or can I just reflash back to stock and have it appear as though nothing changed? I ask because I drove my 07 ST VERY hard and I think the computer got out of economy mode after ramp up. Now that I'm driving less aggressively, I'm back to 2nd gear pull-outs and sluggish response from the engine. If I can change some things with the Xcal2, then it would make for a more enjoyable ride.

1. Not yet

2. I am sure Wayne is working on it. HE needs computer codes and base files to adjust which he can get from SCT or actually data log a truck.

3. You can re flash to stock and no one will know but you.

Todd Z

Pat,

If you can get the PCM code off your sporttrac, I can see if its in the database yet or not. It should be under the hood, on the passenger side firewall.

Wayne - thanks! I looked at the PCM and saw on a sticker "GEP0" on the front of the unit. 0 = zero. If this is not close to what you need, let me know and I'll look again.

I'm very interested in purchasing this product for my 07 as well. However, I'm hoping I can get some insight on this product, either from Wayne or somebody else.

My most important factor for purchasing it would be to improve my fuel economy.

So is it better to go with 87 octane or a higher when ordering this mod?

I noticed Pat ordered it with 87!

I know the true results of how this product would work on my truck can vary depending on many variables. But, I'm basically averaging 17.2mpg mostly traveling in speeds of 40-50 commuting to work, with little stops and/or city driving. What kind of improvement should I see, 1-2 mpg, or higher?

I know it's kind of a vague question but are there any results I can measure it's worth. Now don't get me wrong, I can see alot of reliable people swearing behind this mod, so it obviously it can hold it's weight, I'm ust trying to ease my mind about the purchase!

Thanks,

Pep;)

Pep,

The LEAST gain I have seen on any customers vehicle was a solid 1 mpg. My average is 2-3 on most, as much as 5 on some, it all depends on the drivers habits.

I will say that the 87 will get you a mild power gain, with a gain in mileage. The Premium octane tuning will gain you MORE power and a lil more mileage. It is all as to what you prefer.

Latest posts