Xcal 2 For Sale $250 Shipped

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Knx

Reaction score
Has been flashed back to stock, so it's good to go. Really hate letting this go, but I have little choice.:(

[Broken External Image]:

May begin parting out the ST:( I'll post any other items here 1st, before doing so on ebay.

D-

Caymen, I believe it's RVBO, let me double check.

D-

Yep, that's it, last figure is either letter 'O' or # zero, if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the code matter? The files are going to have to be re-written to the specs of the vehicle anyway, correct?

D-

IF's...

If it is in great shape, if it has no issues, if it will work with my '05 XLT 4wD, if you have cord and software, if I can still get tunes since I am not an original owner, etc.

I WILL TAKE IT.

Looking more for mileage improvement with regular gas than wheel spinning performance.

I can paypal or send M.O. if we strike a deal. THANK YOU! :)

Eltee, I have NEVER had a problem with it. I could change tunes whenever I wanted with no problems at all. I had it tuned for 87 octane and 93 octane performance.

You should have no issues. Just let the programmer you choose know what your code is and ANY mods you currently have as well as what you want, mileage, towing or performance and what fuel you intend to use, 87, 89 91 or 93 octane

As far as shape is concerned, it stayed in it's original box when not in use. I will rebox the whole package with extra padding for additional safety and if there are any problems I will refund your money. Now after you have rewritten the files to your vehicle it is yours for keeps, it does not have any software, you either send the unit to the programmer or they email the files to you and you connect the unit to your computer and download.

D-

The software can be downloaded off their website. If you have the same ECM code you can reuse his tunes, look on the ECM in the engine compartment and it has your code on it. If not the same, I believe Bamachips charges $50 for one tune or $110 for a 3 pack. The tunes can them be emailed to you and installed via the usb cable.

Ooops, by no software I meant that it does not come with a cd-rom or anything, none of them do.

D-

I've been considering getting one of these for my ST for a while now . Can anyone tell me the real story on how well they work, especially for towing purpose? I tow my 21' Ski Centurion to the lake every weekend during the summer and I live in the mountains so I ask a lot of my truck. Will this help in my case and just how much?

Thanks for any help

Jack

They work. For your application you'd be best suited to getting a torque/towing tune written for your truck. Contact Doug @ Bamachips or Torrie@FastPartsNetwork/Unleashed Tuning for the tune.

Jack, I never do any towing and my 3 tunes were all for improved performance as Dan stated contact Torrie and he can give you specific answers to specific questions, but it has been the single best mod I've done

Dan, mine did not, I purchased it from a former site sponsor and that is what was told to me, not sure what you'd do with a cd-rom. While the xcal has a lot of different options and parameters that can be adjusted I would not go fooling around with them unless your a SCT programmer or dealer.

You don't really do anything that requires a cd-rom, just usb cable connected to your pc download the files that are emailed or update the units software nothing I got even mentioned a cd-rom.

D-

The CD is no big deal, I was simply saying that some did come with them. It contains the software to allow you to datalog and upload new tunes to your device. Again, this software can also be freely downloaded from their site. Just stating the facts.:cool:

Chad, the grille is the kind that you zip tie on over the existing grill.

Not the one you dismantle the front end to put on, the better looking one in my opinion.

I'd like to get rid of the tails, but unfortunately I don't have the OEs, so unless you'd like to swap out yours we could negotiate a fair price.

Pics of the grill and 1 tail in my library, couldn't get a view of them both cause she's in the garage;)

Brush guard and off road lights maybe next:(

D-

No problem Dan, I did not know about it. Its no big deal, I just hooked up the USB cable.:)

The computer code does NOT matter unless the person looking to buy it wants to use your tunes so they don't have to buy new ones...

Simply you just download the free Live Load Software from SCT site and erase the old tunes and upload the new ones that a tuner has to mail to you..

I have bought 2 of these used and both work perfectly fine...

Todd Z

The computer code does NOT matter unless the person looking to buy it wants to use your tunes so they don't have to buy new ones...

That is exactly what I am looking for. I want a tuner, but I do not want to pay much for it. So, until I get a tuner for next to free, I will go without.

Tom

Shoot me an email Chad, the ST is going to be sitting in the garage for a while so I can take off the lights and send you photos of their condition they are in good shape by the way.

D-

Latest posts