XCal 2-33" Tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean M 2

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm seriously considering the purchase of an XCal2. My ST is lifted with 33" tires and the performance, especially around town, is very sluggish. I was wondering if those of you whom have oversized tires running an Xcal2 would let me know if it restored your performance/gas mileage at all. I currently get around 200 miles to a tank, and would like to get this figure to hopefully the 13-15 range. I also have an ebay intake. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Your mileage is not correct due to the tires. My ST has 33" tires and runs very, very, well with the XCAL2. I also have a custom exhaust system with the "Y" pipe which helps it breathe alot better as well.

Get an XCAL it is worth every penny.

Chad

yea you definitely need an exhaust too man! i have it lifted on 33's with a K&N intake kit and dynomax exhaust. i am getting 250-300 miles out of a tank city driving. but i admit, i am a feather foot. look into an exhaust. i dont have the x-cal2 but i have heard nothing but good about them. it all comes down to $$$$$$$$

With the 33" tires, it would help alot if you upgrade your gear ratios to 4:56 to 1...

You would regain some of the low end torque that you had with the stock tires..

The speedo is going to be off with the tires, You can calculate by how much and then you will know your true MPG..

I calculated your speedo is off by about 15% That can add up....

YES the Xcal is highly recommended, and I sell some stuff to help that ST go baby go !!!!!

George C has 285/75 on his ST and it gets up and goes now, I know the tires are not as big as yours, but you should feel it go !!!

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean,

I have the same setup as you without the body lift. I have 285/75/16 tires and the TT & Shackle lift and have the XCal. I do have a lot of mods besides the xcal but I can definitely say thte xcal gave me the best performance increase. I went for the performance tunes, not mpg but mpg did increase slightly. Definitelty a very noticeable increase in power though. What other mods do you have besides the intake? I would recommend one of Todd's throttle bodies and then an exhaust.

You should take a ride out by us one day. I don't know what part of Long Island you are from but it shouldn't be far. This way you can see what performance gains you can get. I would also like to see what a body lift can do for my truck :p

BTW, the way I calculated my mileage is off by 9.2%. Todd, how did you get 15%? My original tires were 255/70/16 and now I have 285/75/16. If they are really off by 15 that is even better.

George

LOL.. my bad, I am tired for some reason...

Yes 9.2% is correct... I was using 60 series not 70 for the stock tire..LOL

AND Sean any weekend your welcome to stop buy, take the ST for a drive so you can see what it would be like... Plus I could pick your brain on the Body lift. I know GC is wanting to do one..

Todd Z

Thanks for the advice guys..It is greatly appreciated. I think I'm going to take the plunge for an XCAL2. And yes the next Long Island meet I certainly plan on attending. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts