Would This Performance Package Fit A Gen II V8?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
I don't currently own a Gen II Trac, but I was curious whether or not it'll fit, and how a Gen II Trac would perform with this package installed. Sounds like a Zabteck project for the blue STA!:banana:

What say you, Todd Z.?:supercool::driving:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont forget about the tunning and dyno involved. I think I would rather cough up the $$ for an SC. Read about the intake, and cams. CNC ported heads are reguired to get the most. @ 6800rpm

FORD RACING INTAKE MANIFOLD 4.6L 3V 2005-2010 FORD MUSTANG

Part Number: M9424463V

Ford Racing Intake Manifold for 2005-2010 4.6L 3V Mustangs.

Fits 2005-2010 4.6-Liter 3-Valve Mustang engines.

In testing 320cid engine with M-9926-3V throttle body: +40hp more than OE stock intake at 6800rpm

When compared to OE manifold, M-9424-463V was within 5lbs/ft of torque throughout entire curve

Works well with Ford Racing's hot rod camshafts, high performance CNC ported 3-Valve Cylinder Heads and Ford Racing throttle bodies

Lightweight composite construction (same material as OE intake manifold), 13lb vs. 30 lb aftermarket aluminum intakes

High-flow runners and open plenum design, fits under factory Mustang hood.

Tested to 5 bar pressure - great for use with forced induction!

Includes Intake Manifold Gaskets

FORD RACING CAMSHAFT SET "HOT-ROD" HIGH LIFT GT 2005-2009

Part Number: M65503V

Ford Racing "Hot Rod" High Lift Camshaft Set for 2005-2009 Mustang GTs.

These camshafts are the most powerful cams available that are safe with the production 4.6L 3V valvetrain. Increases lift form the stock 11mm to 12mm. They are also compatible with the production springs, followers and lash adjusters up to 6800rpm. Will produce a 30 HP gain alone and a 50 HP gain if combined with CNC heads.

If you go to www.fordracingpartsdirect.com, you can get many different kits. For $3700, you can get CNC ported heads(you will really need these to get the most out of the setup), hot cams, that intake and throttle body and all else you would need is, long tube headers and a re-mapped programmer. Equals over 440bhp. Todd and I had a discussion regarding that intake. He didn't feel/think it would fit under the hood. I'd have to see some dimensions on it compared to the stock intake. Bob

PS: I also found the correct air inlet tube/elbow to fit that throttle body. All you have to do is flip it over 180degrees so it points to the left and connect it to your K&N intake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured that a new tune would be required. But if you want to stay naturally aspirated, it seems like a good package in terms of performance gain for the $$$.

As for the intake height: Good point. If I remember correctly, the Mustang's intake is a little taller than the one on the Sport Trac 4.6L V8.

Or, you could go the "money is no object" route and buy a crate "Coyote" 5.0L V8! :banana:

3d969cdf5f940cd3911103f3b3decb5c.jpg

I guess I better figure that out if the intake will fit, bc I am planning to buy the intake and throttle body, already have the cams installed, anyone else have hot rod cams installed in their ST? would like to know if the same roughness characteristics that I have is the same or not

Latest posts