Woodgrain trim

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Byars

Reaction score
My 2010 interior is tan leather; I'm thinking about adding a rosewood trim kit for the dash, doors, etc. Any body have input on this for fit , function, price, installation, where to buy and so on ????

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed a wood trim kit in my 2001 Sport Trac with tan interior. It looked great. I ordered my kit from a guy on eBay, about 9 years ago. The kit was for a 2000 Ranger so the dash parts fit perfectly, but I did not want to use the door trim. I mainly wanted the surround for the instruments and the center radio/heater panel. I think I paid about $90 with shipping.

The main thing is that the thicker, molded wood trim looks way better than the flat. Some of the flat wood trim looks more like contact paper...LOL

The kit was made/sold by a company with a website of www.wooddash.com They also have a number of woods, carbon fiber, brushed metal finished dash trims for nearly every modern vehicle. Prices vary depending upon the wood, style, number of pieces, etc. They are not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Occasionally they make and sell some of the pieces separately because of different options and switches on the vehicle.

They kits typically come with one or two alcohol wipes but I recommend that you buy a box of wipes at a drug store for $1-$2. They often also include a special primer that you wipe on to the area and let it dry before you attempt to stick the wood trim on.

...Rich

Can use the stick on stuff or get it done right and have it moulded righ on your existing dash !!!

See link

http://craftcustoms.com/pages/Interior%20Switchboard1.htm

Todd Z

The company that Todd mention is located in Rockwall, TX just east of Dallas. I have seen two cars that they did the trim work on. They do good work, but they do not sell kits.

You must remove the parts you want refinished and send them the their shop in Rockwall, TX. That means you will have to ship them the parts and depending upon what trim pieces you want refinished you may or may not be able to use your vehicle until you get the pieces back and they are reinstalled. Minimum time would be about 2 weeks.

If you were restoring an antique car, or building a custom/show car the shop in Rockwall would be the place to go, but for an everyday driver I think the wood dash kits are probably the best way to go....and definitely cheaper.

...Rich

Latest posts