Won't throttle up all the way.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just installed a a volant cold air intake, zabteck modified throttle body and the zabteck air bypass kit. The rubber cap that came with the bypass kit didn't fit onto my volant cai. So I don't have anything covering it. Anyways I went to drive my ST and it won't throttle up pass 3000 rpm. I don't know what the problem is. Can anyone help me. Thanks y'all.

You are hitting your rev limiter. It prevents someone from reving the engine to 6,000 RPM and blowing it up. Put it in D and drive it.

Tom

Well I can't drive t right now I am at work at the fire station. But I know when I installed my new throttle body I did the dry run on it and the throttle flap opened up perfectly. I will drive it tommorrow morning and check and see if it will go over 3000 rpm. Thanks Caymen.

The cap is a rubber cap that is a tight fit, you need to put some muscle behind it to push it on.

I know of several people with the bypass kit and volants with no problem...

did you install the MAF in the right direction and make sure all your electrical to the MAF are correct ??

And as tom said your motor is hitting the safety and stopping you from reving it out...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd the volant cai has a hole in it for the original breather tube to be inserted. There is no piece of tubing to to push the cap on like on your zabteck true performance intake.

ok,

Do you need an adapter then ??? is it 5/8 ?? I can send you one..

Todd Z

Our Sport Tracs have a rev limiter that prevents the engine going over 3,000 rpm when it is in park or neutral. It does not operate when the truck is in drive, so you can get the full rpm range when driving. I don't know if it works when it's in reverse!