wireless network ??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim P

Reaction score
wife has a toshiba laptop w/ wireless router, etc. off of cable internet. We have to continously "repair" the wireless connection after the laptop has not been used for a while, like everyday, or if you log on in the morning, then later that day will have to repair it again. Is this a normal thing or do I need to change a setting or something. NOT a computer guru.

there is a automatic connection setting that may not be turned on, or it is loosing the connection for some reason..

How to change it, or re set it, i have no clue without being there...

Thats what I have George C for.... LOL :lol:

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have cordless phones? A microwave? Do your neighbors? LOL Of course you do. Go into your wireless router settings per instructions available from the manufacturer website and change your channel settings till you find one that doesn't drop your signal when using the cordless phone. Experiment with the different channels for a day or so. Since changing my channel I have never dropped another connection because of interference. Hope this fixes you as well.

Usually you'll need to avoid channels 6, 7 and 11 since that is what 90% of the routers come pre-set to and very few people change off those channels. They also tend to be channels that have noise on them from other sources.

Control Panel

System

Device Manager

Network Adapters

Select the properties of your wireless card

Power management tab

Uncheck allow the computer to turn this device off to save power

That might help.

If you have a linksys router it may be the it - they have infamously buggy firmware - go to the linksys boards and you will see nothing but complaints

Maurice

Latest posts