Wipers Issue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Schaecher

Reaction score
I get all functions on my wipers EXCEPT High Speed.... makes driving in the remants of Katrina a little too exciting if a know what I mean.

Any suggestions? I pulled the relays, one at a time and the wipers stop all together when either is pulled.

If operating the wipers and put it into high-speed, they stutter for a half-second and stop where they are at.

I havn't tried moving the tilt up or down yet, I'll try that in a bit. Any other suggestions??

Either the circuit board on the motor is going, or the high side of the relay is bad..

Try tilting the steering colum up and down to see if that works..

IF not the relay or the switch or the motor is bad...

Try wiggling the switch a little in the high position..

Todd Z

Anyone know if I can get these relays at Autozone or similar? I am an electrical engineer, but do not have these type of relay's lying around....

The problem is intermittant. Moving the steering column does not make any difference. That tells me either a loose wire somewhere, a relay going bad or a problem with the control board (yikes!).

Anybody have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Most likely it is the switch. Because the switch is on the end of the turn signal lever they go bad from getting pushed up and down a lot. Assuming you use your turn signals. :wacko:

Turn signals? Ahhhh... that's what those blinking arrows are for. I thought that they were for warning of impending Injun attacks....:D

j/k

That's definately a possibility. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Latest posts