Wiper Failure-Please Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuanR Ramirez

Reaction score
I have a 2003 4x2 Sport Trac, and while driving my wipers stopped working, they functioned on high speed for a while and then they stopped all together.

I checked fuses, both on the driver side and in the engine compartment and they are fine.

When I turn the wipers on to full speed their is a clicking noise in the engine compartment fuses.

I have seen that other users have mentioned the wiring harness but everything else that is electrical works fine.

Just wanted to see if anyone had a fix for this prior to taking it to the dealear and replacing the wiper motor.

Thank you for your help.

BTW: You know you love your sport track when you live in San Francisco's Haight Ashbury district and there is no parking so you pay $300 a month to rent a garage because you can't live without your baby!

The wiper motor is right above the brake booster, It may be the relay clicking...

Sounds like the motor went bad.... You can test the voltage to the wire connector for the motor and if all that is ok, Replace the wiper motor...

Todd Z

Try cleaning or switching the relay blocks for the wiper in located in the engine compartment.

I had the same problem until I cleaned and switch the relays around.

Latest posts