Wiper arms

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaydawg74

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been having a problem with my wipers. They don't seem to be holding the blades tight to the glass. I tried new blades and it didn't make any difference. I even tried to bend the arm down a little bit and it helped a bit for awhile but then went back to being crappy. I looked up new ones on Rockauto, Autopartswarehouse and Autozone, but they don't appear to be the same arms that I have on my truck. 2001 Trac 4x4. Has anyone here replaced their arms or done any sort of service to them?

Thanks in advance for your replies/help!

It might be that the spring is no longer holding the wiper to the window. I have removed my wiper arm when I added a drain hole to the cowl. Try searching Dorman 42644 Wiper Arm on Amazon. See if this is this part looks like what you have. Amazon shows that it will fit a 2002.

I tried to bend it in this past summertime as Caymen suggested. It seemed to work for awhile, then wasn't effective come wintertime.

The one Chris suggests on Amazon appears to be the one! Thank you Chris!

Sure-Wipes. Work like a charm. Got them first for the Jeep, which has terrible wipers, now they're on every vehicle in the family, rears too on the Focus wagon and minivan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also it is helpful to scrub the windsheild with Bon-Ami cleanser, it must be Bon-Ami so not to scratch the glass, then follow that with Rain-X.

Latest posts