Winter Wash

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
I couldn't stand it any longer. Record levels of filth on JohnnyO-owned vehicles. Hooked the hose up to the water heater and washed my truck and my daughter's Jeep. Keeps your hands from freezing that way.

On the Jeep you couldn't see out of the plastic windows and on my Trac you didn't even want to touch the door handles to open it. Gawd, I hate winter. :angry:

Besides, it's good to drain your water heater from the bottom once in a while to get the rust and sediment out. At least that's what I tell the wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been fighting the urge to wash my vehicles. The last bath Belle got was in Florida. It has been about 6 months since Torrie got her bath. I just hate to spend the money on a car wash only to have it get dirty 5 seconds after the wash.

Tom

Washed mine last night, pulled out of the car wash, and directy into a pothole filled with muddy water... I got about 50 seconds of a clean truck... As Johnny said, I hate winter.

I try to go through a cheap brushless carwash every 2 or 3 weeks just for the under carriage wash. I hate to leave those salts and chemicals on my nice new ST for too long!

I did the same with my '01. ;-)

johno,

i suffer from this daily. vehicle OCD. i had a hot water line run thru my garage to the front so i can wash them down. after it makes for an interesting walk on the driveway :bwahaha:

Normally I at least hit a drive-thru with an undercarriage spray to get the salt off once a week but the weather here has been crap for two months straight, so there wasn't any point.

John Z said:
I wash my truck every two or three weeks during the winter. Oh wait, I live in Florida :bwahaha:

About 5 more years and I'll be down there with ya.

i cant afford to wash my truck at those drive thrus all the time. Gave my trac a bath for the first time since the fall (i think) and god did it look good. We had a "warmer" night (-1 celcius) so I planned on doing it while it was "warmer" out. Next day I got up and it was snow and ice covered and was only clean til I got down the road, on my way to work.

"About 5 more years and I'll be down there with ya."

your not the only one :banana:

but i have a 3 year plan !!

My daughter starts college here in the fall. So five years. 10* this morning, I haven't seen the grass in my yard since Thanksgiving. I friggen' hate it.

FWIW, I heard a couple years ago that we were entering into a period of low sunspot activity, which results in cooler temps on Earth and these cycles tend to last about 20 years. If true, then PA will be colder than normal for most of the rest of my life. So I'm outta here.

I run my Trac through an automatic wash at least once a week. We have several that give "the works" for $8 or so, including the undercarriage wash, Rain-X treatment, etc.

There was a slight sprinkling of rain here in AZ today so I will probably run it through the $3 auto wash. The truck is still 'new to me' (Less than 1 month) so I am still in that wonderful honeymoon period where I work to keep it spotless....

Just ran the ST through a wash yesterday. First since late fall. We are scheduled to get 12-18" of snow in the next few days. At least it was clean for 2 days! :grin:

Once a month to the detail shop for wash/wax. Then about 2-3 times/month through the automatic up the street. Cleans under, wheel wells and gets 99% of the salt off the exterior. And if I'm really nice($tip) they let me ride in the truck!! Its a kid thing, fun, fun, fun, Bob

Touchless once a week no matter the weather! Has to be done to get the stuff off the undercarrage. Otherwise up here in the north you can watch or truck get eaten away..................

One of the benefits of being on the local ambulance squad (in Northern NJ) is I get to hand wash my 2010 Trac in one of the bays every few weeks during the winter. :banana:

I haven't taken it to a carwash since I have owned it. I will eventually, but for now I am trying to prevent those little car wash scratches (dirty water).:supercool:

I've washed mine 3 times since I bought it last April. It just doesn't make sense when I have a really long gravel/dirt driveway and drive dirt roads frequently. Welcome to the country! At least I don't have to worry about salt down here. It has been too cold to wash her anyway. Over the past week, it hasn't gotten above 62.:cheeky:

Besides, Estate Green doesn't show dirt that bad and I also think she's just as beautiful being her dirty self.

It has been too cold to wash her anyway. Over the past week, it hasn't gotten above 62

As I sit here watching the blizzard outside... Geesh Hugh, way to rub it in.. :cry:

I just keep telling myself.. Spring is coming someday...

Latest posts