WindShield Washer Fluid

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Gardner

Reaction score
Does anyone use the orange rain-x de-icer windshield washer fluid? Right now I have the regular blue stuff but I saw a bottle of this stuff and it looks like it might be pretty good with the winter coming up. Just wondering if anyone has tried it. Also is it a problem using the orange stuff after using the blue stuff?

It's the only stuff I use. After 1 bottle full the rain-x is really noticeable while driving in the rain.

No problem mixing it at all.

Todd Z

I'm with Todd. It's the only stuff I use. Even in the summer. It's nice in the winter, because it keeps alot of the road mess from sticking to the windshield. Also, when it does stick, it comes off very easy with a squirt from the washer pump. Well worth the money.;)

The green rain-x and orange rain-x are the same. The green uses methanol for "cleaning bugs and debris" and the orange uses methanol for "de-icing". They're the same composition, with different colors. Only difference is, the orange de-icer costs more now, and less in the summer, while the green costs less now, and more in the spring/summer.

Use it all the time. Great stuff...

Hmmm.... I'll have to buy some green stuff and see if it freezes in my garage:wacko::rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the orange also and after one bottle i'm never going to use another -- honestly during some heavy rain the water beaded so well that i didn't even need the wipers. Worth the extra dollor for sure.

CHRIS

Latest posts