Windshield trim peeling

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Phillips

Reaction score
Help! The black rubber trim around the windshield is peeling and folding up and away from the body on the top passenger side corner! There doesn't appear to be any water leaking in, but I want to find a way to re-seal it. It's also starting to buckle at the center on top, but I might be able to secure that with some black RTV. Any ideas?

I work at a glass shop where we replace windshields. You need to take it to a place that replaces them and have them stick it down using urethane glue (the same stuff that we use during installation. Or you might talk them into giving you some left over from an open tube. Clean out under where it is coming loose and force some of the urethane in the crack. Push the moulding back into it and clean all of the stuff off that squeezes out and tape it down. Be sure to clean off all residue before taping. It will not come off after it sets up. Leave the tape on untill the next day and pull from the side to remove the tape. That should do it.

Latest posts