Window won't roll up

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riyoku Delvey

Reaction score
My front passenger side window won't roll up and is currently all of the way down. All of my other windows still work, and I checked my fuses and control buttons. Could it be the motor? Any help is great. Also, is there a way I can get it up soon without the power to it because it looks rainy outside and I don't have a garage.

Did you try the switch on the passenger side door? (in case the problem is the switch in the master control). If you tried both, it's probably the motor. Not sure how you could raise it short of disconnecting the window from the motor and propping it up in the raised postion until you can get the motor replaced. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about that. I haven't bought or replaced one in the ST yet. I'm sure someone who has will chime in shortly. Keep checking.

Try tapping the motor first with a rubber mallet or slamming the door, maybe it is stuck, or in a dead spot in the motor...

Todd Z

Call 911. It couldnt' be any worse or funnier, than some of the 911 calls Leno broadcast the other night...:lol:

what I have read on here seems our tracs have alot of motor and switch failures, good luck..;)

Could anyone tell me how to take the door panel off? I've taken out four screws already, and it won't budge. I figure I might as well replace the door speakers while I'm at this! haha

RIY,

There is a door speaker project in the projects section, it tells you how..

Todd Z

Latest posts