Window and Right Control Arm

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art Garcia

Reaction score
My driver side front window was shattered. I need a replacement. A local salvage yard said the older for explorers have the same window. Does anyone know if that's true and if mounting will not be a problem using this older explorer window.

Also I need the lower part of the Right hand side control arm. The bottom part with the ball joint. I was also told older explorers and the rangers will fit. Anyone know if they are the same?

Arturo- You going to salvage your Trac? If so, that's great to hear. :supercool:

I assume you need the ball joint for the two-piece UPPER control arm. (K8710T)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah man, I've worked on my truck everyday and cleaned it up some. She still has major cosmetic damaged but looks a bupit better. The tranny and engine are still good so I decided I'd make it drivable until I find another ST that I like. To make it drivable I need to replace the bottom part of the two piece design of the right control arm. The ball joking snapped and broke so half of it is in where it attaches to the wheel/hub assembly. I had already replaces my upper control arms with MOOG. I could just replace the bushing itself but I find it harder of a job to do then just change out the arm with ball joint already installed.

If you want to stick with Moog all around. The Moog part K8710T on rockauto.com is $48.79. If you want to save a few bucks they have other brands as well(Raybestos Part # 5001090 $41.79). Or you could switch to a one piece design for not much more. I've been saving up for the Moog one piece K80068.($68.79) I don't know how much a salvage yard would charge. But, maybe consider a brand new one. Even if it was a lesser(imo) brand. I would feel better about it than having a used one on. Good Luck and don't forget an alignment.

or even this...Dorman one piece Part # 520222 $27.99. I don't know how long this one would last. But, It'll get ya going:supercool: (I don't think it's grease-able)

Arturo- RockAuto shows the Moog two piece UCA ball joint being replaceable with a K80012.

Sounds like replacing the K8710T part may be easier considering the small price difference.

MOOG Part # K80012 More Info Problem Solver

replacement ball joint for Moog control arms K8708T and K8710T; Will not fit OE control arms; Front Upper