Wind Noise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
Wind noise from the driver's door is getting worse. Had a several hour drive last week to go to a regional meeting for my company and I knew it would drive me nuts, or deaf, depending. Through creative use of duct tape and service plazas along the PA and OH Turnpikes :driving: I determined that it is coming from the driver's door window seal. Anybody have a fix for this or do i just have to buy a new window seal?

Thanks in advance.

K thanks, I'll try it.

I did cover the seam between the window and seal with duct tape and it went away. Covering the entire perimeter of the door with duct tape didn't affect it, so I know it's the window.

My 10 hasn't developed this yet But an 08 I worked on I had to remove the seal and use the 3m weather-strip adhesive and re glue the whole thing on..... I used 1 tube for the whole truck.... Did all 4 doors.

Good as new.

Todd Z

Thanks all, I'll try that. Driving today and it seems that if i put some pressure on it that the noise stops. Some duct tape around the pillar to hold it while the glue dries?