WILMA update- ST totaled- what now?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Maurer 2

Reaction score
Geico adjuster came out yesterday- since salt water got into pass. compartment, its considered a total loss. I'm ambivalent- love the truck but it stell smelled funky even after a hose out, was leaving rusty puddles when parked, and I was concerned about the months ahead. Payout is $21,270. Now I'm car shopping- since '07 ST not here yet, I'm not sure what to get. I drove a Ridgeline yesterday- very impressive ride, fast,quiet and lots of nice features- but I just can't get past the "Droid" look. I will probably get a car to last 6 months- 1 year, then a new ST. The short list: Nissan Xterra, Cadillac SRX, Infiniti FX, used ST.:wacko:[Broken External Image]:

You should be able to locate a new 2005 Trac. I can get you an X-Plan to sweeten the deal.

Tom

Get a beater car, pimp that for the next year, then grab a new 07 !!!

Todd Z

I would go right to your nearest Ford dealer and tell them your 07 plan. I bet they make you a deal on a nice used vehicle. Get them to promise a good trade in amount for the used vehicle for your business on the new 07 six months from now.

I'll take to tail light gaurds if there available. Every time I see a ridgeline I have to smile at what an ugly truck that is. I wish the ST had the power tough. I'd wait for the 07 also.:cool:

I think the XTerras look cool. My brother bought his wife an H3 last week. Those aren't bad either, though they're a bit overpriced. A temporary solution might be a GMC Canyon. They look good with the off-road package, but they look like they aren't very durable.

If it were me though, I'd get an F-150.

I drove a '04 Xterra on vacation 2 summers ago (Hertz rental). Wasn't impressed at all... the engine was totally gutless, but then it was the older 170hp V6. Rode rough, and cheap interior/seats.

I'd beat around in a $1000 p.o.s. for a few months and get an 07 ST. then, when the time comes, find out what it would cost to swap out the rear window with a power one .... or wait a few more months and get a job2

Find out where she is going to be auctioned, buy her back, have her stripped and cleaned, pocket the difference and save it towards an 07.

Oh, and if you go this auction route, what would it hurt if you were to shout out during the beginning of the auction

Hey, that used to be my truck! It was TOTALLY flooded by ocean water from hurricane Wilma and I am trying to buy it back cheap so that I can STICK it to my insurance company because they gave me a crappy settlement!

Either that or tell as many people before the auction that you can as they look at the truck.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, and you could drive it while you are waiting on the 07 (if you can deal with the smell)

I assume it still runs?? I think I recall this from another post???

Thanks all- Yes it still runs and everything works! I didn't argue with the adjuster because I think that a flood claim/repair showing up on a Carfax would sink(heh heh) the resale or trade in value. Adjuster said he has totaled every car he has seen with any evidence of water inside. Unfortunately, all the add-ons went with it- I'm too damn tired to remove anything and still crying from opening my beautiful limo's door and seeing grey mold everywhere. Thanks for the X-plan offer on a '05, but I want something different for a while- probably an FX45- runs like a bat. So, adios for a while, but -I'LL BE BACK.

Thanks. Those are older pictures when I first bought it I have since changed the tail lights and head lights to black looks alot cleaner and also switched out the air box with a brute force intake for the S/C and also changed the blower pulley.

Latest posts