Will '05 Adrenaline Pioneer 6 CD Fit My '02 ???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Diaz

Reaction score
Howdy folks...been a long time since my last post. Glad too see this forum as active as ever!

So, down to the nitty. The Pioneer 6 CD in my '02 is finally dying, so I was wondering if an '05 Adrenaline Pioneer 6 CD will fit my girl? I mean physically of course, and harness wise too. I did do some searching, but I found nothing specific to my question.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

Thanks for the reply, Jerry. I just want to be 100% sure it will work, and I'm not familiar with the changes the St has taken over the years.

I also forgot to ask, does it require one of those brackets to ship? If so, does anyone know where to get one cheap, or have one to loan me? :)

Thanks

I bought a new radio for my 02 sport trac a while ago, from a member here. IIRC, it was a radio from an 05 also. It was an Mp3 capable pioneer 6 disk changer, which I used to replace my stock 6 disk changer pioneer radio.

It did not require a bracket to ship, as it is all one unit (unlike the 02 stock one) and is less sensitive to damage. It did require a new cable, however, as the plug system was completely updated sometime between 02 and 05 :(

There is a compatible adapter to effortlessly plug in the main connection for the radio, but the stock sub will be out of commission until you splice the 4 wires. No big deal, but I haven't done it yet, since I keep forgetting that I don't have it :(

Awesome info, KL! Thank you. Only thing left is to find a plug adapter as you mention. Do you have a link to buy or a part # for the adapter?

This is what I have running in my ST right now, as well as where I bought it from. I found it by a member link on here a while back.

An Adrenalin Radio will NOT WORK plug and play in a regular ST....

The Adren uses a separate amp in the back of the truck and special wireing...

Todd Z

:unsure:

Well, I guess I didn't get an adrenaline radio. Live and Learn, but hey, it still sounds great, so if you can get one of those, go for it. WAY better than that stock 02.

The only complaint is that now the 1-6 buttons will not go to that # cd, but rather do functions like rewind and skip folder...oh, and the radio signal info function (what song is playing, etc) is preserved.

Thanks Todd Z for clearing that up. Now if only you had said that before I said that ;)

(A little pride wound now and then is good, ah guess lol)

Latest posts