wifes ford escape AWD 15K service

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kil roy

Reaction score
is the 15K service necessary?

i already rotated the tires and have the oil changed

every 2500 to 3000 as it is at the ford quick lube.

what else do they do that would require me to take

it in and spend $240 plus tax?

Check the owner's manual to be sure but I suspect the air cleaner should be replaced. Other than that and the things you mentioned, I can't think of anything else needed until 30K.

TJR

Read the manual and do the service yourself. Taking your vehicle to a dealer to get a check-up is a scam.

Please do not be a sucker.

Tom

Most Fords (I think) do not require anything special at 15k other than a brake and steering check, which most states do at your yearly inspection anyway. Air and fuel filters are called for at 30k but it won't hurt to look at the air filter and see if it's dirty.

Look under the truck and hit the exhaust with your hand... Did it ratle.... NO....

your done... Thats all the dam dealer would do...... :lol::lol:

Seriously read the owners manual, it is probably as easy as checking all fluids and filters.....

Todd Z

here is all the manual states for 15K service..

Present Service: 15,000 Miles

Change engine oil and replace oil filter (up to 5 quarts of oil)

Inspect and lubricate all non-sealed steering linkage, ball joints, suspension joints, half-shafts / drive-shafts, and u-joints

Inspect automatic transmission fluid level (if equipped with underhood dipstick)

Inspect brake pads/shoes/rotors/drums, brake lines and hoses, and parking brake system

Inspect engine cooling system and hoses

Perform multi-point inspection

Replace cabin air filter

Rotate and inspect tires; check wheel end play and turning noise

i didn't take my 05 escape in for the 15 k service...

i haven't had the escape back to the dealer since new.. 26K problem free miles.. best ford i've ever owned.. at least they got this vehicle right...

troy

Latest posts