Wife Rolled My Baby Sunday Night.**PICTURES ADDED**

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I first must say first that my wife and kids are fine(thank you Ford). She rolled it Sunday night on a snow covered road in Wisconsin while she was talking to me on the phone. I heard to whole thing. She was calling to tell that the roads were in bad shape and they would be a little later than expected. She had it in 2 wheel drive when the roads were in good shape. She crossed the Wisconsin/Illonois State line and the road went from clear to drifts. The tail whip around and went backend first into a ditch and than into a culvert where my Trac slid on its side than rolled on the roof. I will try to get pictures. Insurance adjuster is in the process of letting us know if it will be totaled or not. I think it can be repaired. I have damage on the drive side fender, driver door mirror and roof. No windows broke and the sunroof still works. The damage on the roof is the worst. Right where the third brake light is it is caved in but the rear window is still there. I got the engine running yesterday but I have a trans leak and it vibrates hard when I turn the wheel. I'll try to get the pictures up tonight when I get home from work. I must say that I am very impressed how little damage there really was and how safe my family was. THANK YOU AGAIN FORD. YOU GUYS BUILT AN AWESOME TRUCK!!

I just thought I would share my story with you guys.

Chris

*****PICTURES ADDED TO LIBRARY*****

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad she is ok......

Unfortunately most of the rollovers on here have all been totaled.... Very few get repaired...

Again, Glad she is ok..

Todd Z

thank goodness the ST held up enough that none of your family was hurt...

too bad for the trac tho :( if i prayed, i would pray for it. :lol:

Glad no one was hurt.... sorry for the lose.... couldn't imagine the feeling being on the phone while an accident was happening to a loved one!

There is some irony with her calling to inform the roads are bad,,,,

Bottom line, glad she and the kids are ok. In the end, that is all that matters, the rest is just metal....

why didn't I see this thread before?? I am very glad to hear she and the kids are OK,

the ST don't matter, it's the lives that were spared that do matter as we all agree.

Yeah, I agree, R Shek, I too expected there would be more damage, all of that can be fixed. XXXX keeping fingers crossed for ya, Christopher, hope there is not too much mechanically wrong and that it's all repairable. Glad she and children are ok!

Chris, Thankful that your family is ok. It sucks but it looks as if the roof is strong. Saved them from a crush..;)

Christopher- yep know the road well. Took it as a shortcut from my job in Freeport up to Brodhead for a Fire Inspector course a couple years ago. Know the area well.

Update - still waiting to here from the dealer. It all depends on the trans. If the housing is cracked than the insurance company will total it. I should know today. The good news is that the same dealer has an 2004 Adrenaline sittin there. 44,000 miles for $20,000. It's in really good shape.

Christopher

Christopher, if it comes to it, offer the dealer $16k for the Adrenaline...at the $20k price it will set for a while. You should be able to get a deal on it.

They probably took it in trade for not much more than $16k, washed and waxed it and maybe put some new tires on it. I know, because I traded an '04 to a dealer and they did just that, then added almost $4k to the price when trying to resell...and it sat, and sat, and sat. Finally sold, but I am not sure for what price.

Offer $16k, go as high as you want, but I wouldn't pay $20k...I suspect the dealer will make money at any price over $17k.

TJR

Latest posts