Wife hit my truck

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my wife wants to go get something from the store the other night and after walking out, returns within a few minutes. I ask her "What did you forget?", to which she replies, "Your truck". I was parked behind her so I didnt think anything about it as she storms off to the other end of the house. She comes back a few minutes later and says, "I didnt do any damage." I said" Damage? To what?"/ She says, "You asked me what I hit?" "No, I didn't, I said what did you forget. So, you are telling me you hit my truck?".

Yep, she basically backed her toyota up under the front bumper and broke the plastic screws holding the front plate holder on and that was it. So now I have two holes in my front bumper. I really dont want to take the bumper off to put the holder back on, so I was thinking of trying to find some of the plastic push pins like carpets and stuff use in some cars to hold it in, to put in the holes.

Any ideas?

I found that you can use longer sheet metal screws and just run them into the metal support behind there and it will mount it right back on....

This stuff happens.....

Todd Z

Did you slap your wife for hitting your truck? :D sorry, but Todd's idea sounds like the most easy way to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
so i let my gf drive my truck while she was doing her rounds, being an RA she had to do her rounds at like 2 in the morning. Didn't want her to be walking at that hour so i just gave her my keys. she tried pulling between a truck and a car, yeah cut it to close and got a little din on the side, can't really see it so its all cool.

Besides the front holes, there's no damage so I couldnt get too mad at her. She did more damage to her car. I swear she just doesnt pay attention sometimes. Her toyota lights dont come on until she puts the car in gear and starts moving..at which point she hit my truck..

Ill try the longer screws so I dont have to remove the bumper.

Ford has the plastic rivets.

no note or anything, I walk back out to the truck and front plate is hanging sideways.

the counter guy at my Ford dealer was helpful and gave them to me after I told him what happened/

Richard,

I used a couple of the plastic drywall inserts when a similar thing happened to me. I pushed those into the two holes, then screwed the license plate holder back on real nice and tight.

Its better than brand new.

I bought a cheap black frame. Took the holder off. I used the type of screws they use in rubber bumbers to put the plate back on. It looks alot better flush than it did sticking out 2"...

My ex never hit one of our vehicles, but once tried to hit me. She has a brown belt in Shotokan karate, so I was quite startled by it. At that point I knew we were done, and we divorced.

my realtor did that to me.....I was looking at a place we beat the realtor, I looked out the front window and he was backing up to park in front of me and he kept creeping creeping I was like fricckkkk then bam knocked my license plate holder off, would've kicked his ass if I didnt know him, he bent my plate and the holder pretty bad:angry:

Latest posts