Why I'm voting Democrat

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Cacioppo

Reaction score
Why I'm Voting Democrat

I'm voting Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my horse.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

I'm voting Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

I'm voting Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people.

I'm voting Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday CAN tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

I'm voting Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as THEY see fit.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite The Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would NEVER get their agendas past the voters.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."

Richard Elliott/Texas :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Im voting democrat because my union told me to. Not really Im voting repulican because my church told me to. Now I dont know what to do. Can accorn get me a second registration??

That way I can keep everyone happy...:lol:

I am tired of sore Republicans knowing a Democrat will be willing this election.

I will vote Democrat because I knows it pisses off Republicans

Tom

I wouldn't worry too much about the people ACORN registered. Manyt of them only did it to get a pack of smokes and money for booze. I highly doubt more than 10% will even show up to vote. Of those, some won't be sober enough to vote.

Mike C,

I do find a lot of humor in your posting, and are the sterotypical ramblings of a Republican. I too have a very stron conservative background, but most of these claims are extreamly exaggerated as are most political views during an election.

We all survived 8 years of Bill Clinton, and dispite his sexual escapades with Monica, he was a very popular and successful President and still warrants a lot of respect from around the world. George W Bush, on the other hand has warranted a lot of contempt from around the world...Some of it not neccessarily deserved, but he will be the fall guy for what America does during his term in office.

If Obama is elected and does even half of what you described, he would be more unpopular than George W Bush is right now and there would be a tremendous backlash from the American people. I don't think any President from either party could do all the things you describe and still remain in office.

As a Vietnam Veteran, I have a lot of respect and admiration for John McCain, but I just don't think he inspires a lot of confidence in me or the American people, so I have to go with Obama because he clearly displays the confidence neccessary to be a good leader. I know I will not agree with many of the more liberal ideas he has, but I don't agree with a lot of the conservative ideas that George W. Bush is shoving down everones throats.

I think we give the President more credit than he/she deserves considering that they are not legistlators and thy do not control the budget...All the power comes from the Senate and Congress, and is overseen by the Judical branch. If Obama cannot deliver his middleclass tax break as he defined in his campaign, he will be a lame-duck president and would not be elected as dog catcher for his second term.

...Rich

What has me concerned that Obama will do the same thing that Clinton did. After getting elected Clinton states that because of the prior administrations spending, that there can't be a middle-class tax cut like promised. So Clinton raised taxes in 1993. I see History repeating itself.

Bob

Caymen,

I won't be too pissed if obama wins, I will be with Bill in my nice comfy Yurt.:lol:

If Obama wins, are you and Frank going to have a Kool aid party at your house?

I'm glad he's on your side of the fence!:lol:

Because I am smart enough to know that teenagers don't conduct "official state business"

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -- Gov. Sarah Palin charged the state for her children to travel with her, including to events where they were not invited, and later amended expense reports to specify that they were on official business.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has charged the state $21,012 for her three daughters' plane flights.

The charges included costs for hotel and commercial flights for three daughters to join Palin to watch their father in a snowmobile race, and a trip to New York, where the governor attended a five-hour conference and stayed with 17-year-old Bristol for five days and four nights in a luxury hotel.

In all, Palin has charged the state $21,012 for her three daughters' 64 one-way and 12 round-trip commercial flights since she took office in December 2006. She also has charged the state for hotel rooms for the girls.

Alaska law does not specifically address expenses for a governor's children. The law allows for payment of expenses for anyone conducting official state business.

RichardL, It was put out there with tongue in cheek. Many Democrats are a lot more conservative , or at least moderate, then the extreme left nut cases which in my opinion includes Pelosi, Reid, Frank, Sharpton, Jackson,....(you get the picture). On the other side of the fence we have the ultra right zealots. The US would be a better place if we met somewhere in the middle ( actually slightly right of middle is better).

Actually it was put out there to hear from Frank again. I really do miss his well thought out articulate responses.

Rich thanks for your service in Vietnam. I was at Grumman Aircraft then making F-111 and A6A's.

Rich as you stated you are voting for Obama. Obviously I am not. I respect your decision because it was decided on based on your knowledge of the facts as you see them and not the rhetoric of the Democrats.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has charged the state $21,012 for her three daughters' plane flights.

Old news, non-issue. You forgot to mention the $150K given to her by the RNC for clothes...

Another non-issue to some, but an issue to me- if a candidate promises to be a careful steward of our money, this sets a horrible example.....

RNC shells out $150K for Palin fashion

By JEANNE CUMMINGS | 10/22/08 10:13 AM EDT

The Republican National Committee has spent more than $150,000 to clothe and accessorize vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin and her family since her surprise pick by John McCain in late August.

According to financial disclosure records, the accessorizing began in early September and included bills from Saks Fifth Avenue in St. Louis and New York for a combined $49,425.74.

The records also document a couple of big-time shopping trips to Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis, including one $75,062.63 spree in early September.

Another non-issue to some, but an issue to me- if a candidate promises to be a careful steward of our money, this sets a horrible example.....

Is this the best you can do ? I'm sure Obama isn't wearing suits from Sears for Penneys. As VP Palin won't be in charge of any money, its your Democratic Congress that is giving it all away. If you want an issue, how about the money Obama received from Freddie Mac & Fannie Mae and all of the off-shore contibutions to his campaign. Now we have an issue...

Hey, if you entered your family pet into a dog show, wouldn't you pay to have it groomed too? Sure, you'd shell out the $$ for the prospect of winning, and all the rewards that come too.

Not to bring this to simplicity, but come on folks, lets worry about the real issues and get off the childish stuff. How does helping a candidate present a well-groomed, classy look have anything to do with the election and how she will potentially do at VP?

I have no say and litle understanding of US politics but i must say that Palin chick needs to be put back on the first plane to Alaska

I don't understand how a woman can stand up for a country and tell the women in that country she has no choice over her own body. Totally aginst abortions no matter what incest, rape etc.

Man we just gave a Doctor here in Canada the Order of Canada for making abortions legal and an option for women!

Before you decide how you're going to vote, take the time to read this piece by Neal Boortz titled "To The Undecided Voter". At over 6,000 words, it's too long to post here, so I've linked it. However, it is worth taking the time to read it. Check it out.

As VP Palin won't be in charge of any money, its your Democratic Congress that is giving it all away.

So why are you afraid a Democratic president will give it away?

Tom

What difference does it make to the tax payer what the RNC paid for clothes for Palin, or forfamily travel to political events? It was not paid for from taxpayer funds, it was paid from donations to the RNC. If you are a Democrat you probably did not donate to the RNC so why should it matter to you? Obama's travel and campaign expenses are being paid for by the DNC and he is outspending McCain by as much as 7 to 1. Does anyone really think that $150K or $21K means much to either campaign?

...Rich