Why I don't shop at Walmart on Black Friday

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People are crazy on these shopping days.

At a local outlet mall in my town, a woman claimed it took her an hour to get off the freeway just to get to the parking lot for the mall.

I think a better Title is - Why I don't shop on Black Friday.

But the rest of you need to rush out and spend all your available cash at Macy's. Need that stock price to go back up.

You actually will be surprised at how affordable it is. Even I believed they were higher before I actually stepped in and found out. Their prices may be aa few bucks more than say, Kohls but the quality is better so in the long run you save.

JT#14

We've already ordered some things from Macy's.

My wife really likes it.

Macy's is listed as one of stores that might be closing it's doors next year. :(

They need to just stop the madness altogether. Its just about the almighty dollar. Thats why most people now have to work on Sundays and holidays. One started doing it and the other retailers seen they was missing out on a few sales and on it goes. I work for a grocery chain and we was open til 3:00 on Thanksgiving. We had a few sales but it don't justify the expense of payroll, utlities, ect. Its just gotten way out of hand. I'm all for sales and saving money but not at the expense of someone getting hurt or even killed.

We did our "Black Friday" shopping from the comfort of the living room couch, in our pajamas this morning. Totally hassle-free, and we still found some good sale prices!:cool:

A walmart employee was trampeld to death today. It was in Long Island, when the doors opened. People are so crazy anymore. For me, there is more to life than camping outside of a store, to save a $$.

yep, here on good ole long island.

just back from florida this morning and this is the "good" news to come home to :(

what makes it worse as the employee was laying there the shoppers were interfering with rescue workers as they were trying to help.

now, the police say they are not going to press charges as there were to many people to idendify.

on a side note, we spent thankgiving at my brother in laws veterans hall. it was a dinner fund raiser for them to purchase christmas gifts for needy/sick children. well, we just found out that someone broke into the hall after closing last night and stole the donations of $2,800.

(inside job?, don't know) :angry:

what a sad world we live in :(

Ahh why are the people being blamed?? It is a public place, and the Wal Mart management should have had more people there to control the crowd. Hire some more people (and pay em a fair wage for that matter) and then the problems cease.

I dont care for those sales, like when people camp out or get there like 3am, thats so dumb I rather go shopping when the crowd is not there, plus I can afford the things at 10%off I dont need 30% and up off hahahahaha;)

I agree with Frank, there should have been more security there,

Maybe a swat team with riot gear and pepper spray, tasers, fire hoses,

attack dogs, microwave anti-personel weapons, flame throwers,

those nice plastic bullets, flash grenades, and maybe a few flashbang

grenades.

Or better yet, The Ohio National Guard, ie Kent State!:lol:

But.....The people acting like idiots are really the ones to blame!

I wonder how much stuff got shoplifted while this commotion

was going on?:blink:

Title of the news story should be:

Trashy people trying to save $50 or $100 bucks on a big ticket item kill shopper in stampede!

Anyone that would fight such crowds, and spend all that time early waiting for a store to open have a different valuation for their aggravation than I.

TJR

....I always do my xmas shopping all the way back in august. The sells are never worth the bother. Most the time they are all sold out or you need to wait in line for hours. Not worth my life over saving a few bucks.

Macys will not be closing it's doors, it may be closing a few underperforming stores but not all the doors.

150 years strong and doing good in both ther bricks and clicks markets. That would be in the stores and online.

I used to live in that area and unfortunately the location is not the best anymore. A lot of crime and robberies by Green Acres mall where that store is located. What happened was the store opened and the security only let in a few people to keep things under control. The rest of the people outside (1,000+) didn't like that and forced their way into the store trampling the security guard. Really disgusting they killed someone trying to save a few dollars on a television.

George

They should identify many of the people by cameras in the store, and they should be charged!!!! if your that dumb that you see someone laying on the ground getting trampled on to death and continue with your mad dash to savings you should have charges pressed against you, that is still a murder charge. you helped to kill that guy. stupid people, my father in law stood in line at 2am to get a air hockey table for 45 dollars less, and the store didn't open till 6 am, i told him he was a dumb a$$ for that one, he asked if i would like to join him, i would rather spend the extra money and sleep.... some people should just go out back and shoot themselves, guess who we will be bailing out next????????

Hey, remember the Who concert where 11 (I think) people were trampled? This was international news in 1979, and there were sweeping changes made in the way crowds are handled in large assemblances of people. The way concerts are seated was changed by the promoters, and the venue management staffs. This is and was the proper approach to safety, and there is NO difference in what has now happened at this Wal Mart.

At this Who concert , in Cincinnati no less, rock fans were crushed to death and scores injured because of gross crowd management failings. There is no difference here. With the size of some of these stores, and the mass amounts of people rushing into them, this warrants some more TRAINED employees to handle the "black friday" crowds. Most retail stores hire extra staff around the holidays, my guess is Wal Mart did not. You hear all of the stories about the state of the economy here in America, and I suppose it is tough for some stores to afford extra help. But ole Wal Mart being the global giant it is, WITHOUT A DOUBT, can afford some crowd control measures to make shopping safe for the consumer.

There is no way that anyone can disagree with what I have posted. Facts are facts. (unless you are a Wal Mart executive who would choose the bottom line over safety).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts