Why are Girl Scout cookies so addictive?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Yarbough

Reaction score
I'm sitting at my desk with my box of Thin Mints and I can't stop eating these things. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how addictive these cookies are? :unsure:

They don't show it on the ingredients list but they have nicotine, caffeine and cocaine in them. And maybe a little meth.

:p

LOL. You beat me to it Dingo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dingo, just be careful how you say that--After all, if you were to say out loud that you "find your neighborhood Girl Scout's crack addicting", someone's likely to misunderstand you and have you arrested... :D

The girl scout cookie corp is headed by former drug lords and chemists that add contents to them to make them addicting. The sell them only once a year to aid the chemicals potency and human urges so that way sales go through the roof when they do sell them.:D:p:wacko:

And...they come in boxes that only contain 2 servings...1 sleeve per serving. I'm on a diet right now and have lost 30 lbs in 2 months...I only eat 1 thin mint per day....that sucks. When I get where i want to be, I'll try to keep it to 6 or 8 cookies per day! Try that is!!

Gary G:blink:

I found a tree trimming crew cutting branches away from power lines at the back of my property one day. I asked them if they could just cut down one of the trees (it was dead) instead of just trimming it. They wouldn't do it until I offered them a box of thin mints! Then it was just "sign here so we have authorization to cut it down"!:lol:

LOL @ Woppy..

Damn Samoas.... If it wasn't for all my collegues havin kids I'd be alright... I even had to order 10 boxes for a marine buddy of mine.. they're worth 3x's as much as a carton of ciggerettes down there... haha

I stopped buying them after they stopped making them with real girl scouts!! hee hee

Everytime I go into the store and they ask me if I want to buy a box of girl scout coockies I ask, "Are they made with real girl scouts"? The look on thier face is priceless.

I got it from The Adams Family Wednesday said it!

Dingo, I know which ones you mean. They aren't named "Samoas" anymore.

Edit: Seems in some parts they still are.

TJR

Actually, they are still called Samoas in some parts of the country.

Girl Scout cookies are made by large national commercial bakeries under license from Girl Scouts of the USA. The bakers that the organization licenses change from year to year; as of 2008 they are Little Brownie Bakers, a subsidiary of Kellogg's; and ABC Bakers, a subsidiary of Interbake Food (since 1939). Licensed bakers can offer up to eight varieties of Girl Scout cookies. The national Girl Scout organization reviews and approves all varieties proposed by the bakers, but requires only three types: Thin Mints, Peanut Butter Sandwiches (called Do-Si-Do's by LBB) and Shortbreads (called Trefoils by LBB). The other kinds can be changed every year, though several popular favorites, such as Caramel DeLites (LBB's Samoas) and Peanut Butter Patties (Tagalongs by LBB), are consistently available. Each bakery names its own cookies. Thus the exact kinds, names, and composition of the cookies varies depending on who has the license. Little Brownie Bakers and ABC Bakers have been the primary competitors for the past several years.

Girl Scout cookie varieties for 2008 include (not all are available from both vendors, and are therefore not available in all areas):

Thin Mints: Thin mint-flavored chocolate wafers dipped in a chocolate coating.

Peanut Butter Sandwiches (Do-si-dos): Peanut butter filling sandwiched between crunchy oatmeal cookies.

Shortbread (Trefoils): A traditional shortbread cookie made in the shape of the Girl Scout trefoil logo.

Peanut Butter Patties (Tagalongs): Crispy vanilla cookies layered with peanut butter and covered with a chocolate coating.

Caramel deLites (Samoas): Vanilla cookies coated in carmel, sprinkled with toasted coconut and laced with chocolate strips. This is one of the few cookies in the group that has differences depending on the bakery. Samoas are made by Little Brownie Bakers. They are circular, with an orange color and are thicker from top to bottom, usually they also contain more caramel per coconut, and they are made with dark chocolate. The Caramel deLites, made by ABC Bakers, are actually hexagonal, with a more yellowish tinge, are made with milk chocolate rather than dark chocolate, and more of the cookie comes through in the flavor because of the lower caramel content. Overall they are both very popular, and most people never notice the differences. Both varieties come in purple boxes.

Thanks-A-Lot (All Abouts): Shortbread cookies dipped in fudge and topped with an embossed thank-you message in one of five languages.

Lemonades (Lemon Chalet Cremes): Shortbread cookies with lemon icing.

Cinna-spins: Introduced in 2008, Cinna-spins are cinnamon-flavored cookies that come in 100-calorie packs. Cinna-spins are shaped like miniature cinnamon rolls.

Sugar Free Chocolate Chips: Introduced in 2008, they are small sugar free cookies.

Bill V,

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. I thought they were renamed "Carmel Delights" everywhere.

Now I know, and I owe Dingo an apology. Sorry.

TJR

No problem TJR--for people unfamiliar with the facts, it definitely seems like a reasonable conclusion. I only knew the facts because for all my youth, my mom was regional Girl Scout cookie coordinator. Every year, every Girl Scout cookie sold within about a 30 mile radius of our house passed through our living room. If Dingo's assertion that they're filled with crack is correct, then for a month each year our house was a scene from the movie "Blow".