Who's running 285 75 16's on OEM wheels with a TT?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becker69 CO

Reaction score
I just wanted to ask (I know I last asked this about 6 months ago) who has 285 75 16's on the stock wheels with a TT in the front and how is the fitment? I am wanting to replace my 32x11.50's with the 285's on OEM (01) ST wheels. I've been told that I will have rubbing issues but the 32x11.50's I currently run are listed with almost the same width dimensions, I just don't know how the extra wheel diameter will affect rubbing. (I'll get under my truck and look at the wheel wells when the weather is better here). The tires I will get are Pro Comp AT's and are 32.9" and 11.3" wide while my existing 32x11.50 Pro Comp AT's are 31.3" and 11.4" respectively.

Also, I wheel several times a year; so I also am wondering how they fit in the context of off-roading. TIA.

I am running the setup you described. Yes, there will be some rubbing on the inner black fender wells but nothing major. I don't do serious off roading like you but I would think you would experience more rubbing in those conditions.

The biggest rubbing was going up steep driveways and there would be a rub for a second. Eventually things will wear slightly and I really don't have rubbing anymore. I also have 1.5" spacers in the rear but those came later. By installing those it also basically eliminates the rubbing in the rear.

George

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I have 275/70/16's on my 04, it has no spacers or lift..

Todd Z

Somehow my last post is gone!?!?!? Do phantom posts get deleted or what??!!

The 275 70 16's are significantly smaller (at least in diam.) than 285 75 16's. The converter on Pro Comps' site says they come in at 31.2 x 10.8 roughly. Todd could answer for sure.

Yeah Ron... it was! :) Now that I am seriously close to a tire purchase..... I'm throwing it out there again. I had been waiting and hoping that even more people could offer insight on my 285 75's w/ TT question.

I appreciate the replies. I think it is a hard combination to beat if one wanted to avoid a 3" BL and stay away from the size and weight of 12.50" wide tires.

Thanks all.

Latest posts