who wants a blower?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would look at his feedback first. Which he has made private.... Gee, wonder why?????

Feedback total, 394. Of which, 35 are negative and 27 neutraul....

250 CFM? Gee, that'll take the Trac's 4.0 to about 3500 rpm? After that you should hear a nice little buzz as that little fan starts getting driven by the engine airflow, and spins that little electric motor to 12,000 rpm!

And I like the statement about "comparable to a 15-25 shot of nitrous". Yeah, I can compare a Pinto to a Lincoln, too. That doesn't make them the same thing!

What a joke...dreman hit the nail on the head...the trac motor can suck 3 times 250cfm naturaly at WOT....

And I like the statement about "comparable to a 15-25 shot of nitrous".

Yeah if you put the nitrous in a balloon and inhale it... :lol:

Todd Z

It just uses 25 watts and can produce so much forced air. Wow, what efficiency. There is an electric supercharger of a similar design. It uses about 600 watts and produces about 1 pound of boost. That didn't sell well either. I wonder why.

These work.

http://www.boosthead.com/product.php

He puts out some crazy shit! You will need 3 Batcaps and some wiring to get the kit up and running, but he uses it on his drag car!

well, you could always use a leaf blower. I have actually seen video of some ricer guys using a leaf blower on a dyno to add more air to their engine. I was waiting for someone to come up with a portable version...I guess this is it. ;)

Oddly enough, the leaf blower DID add some horsepower. The noise it made sound quite similar to the sound most of those ricers make anyway. So beware whenever you pull up to that little honda at the stoplight that sounds like a leafblower...he just might have a few more horses than you think! hehe

Yeah, I've seen that video baron. I think it added like 3 HP to a modded Civic Si. Not enough HP to really make a difference (that 3HP could be eaten up if your tire pressures are too low), but insteresting nevertheless. I still wouldn't strap one to my motor.

Didn't they use a gas powered blower over electric?

gas powered I think...just so it would be even MORE obnoxious. I'll look for the video here in a few minutes.

TEN HORSEPOWER!! (50 with NOS) haha

Here we go:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an old scam, I see now they've added a K&N filter though.

Boat bilge 250cfm exhaust fan from West Marine, $124.99:

[Broken External Image]:

eBay 250cfm Electric Blower, $599.00:

565252dc1749d54a23e82d320a5904aa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I shortened the tube on my leaf blower, hose clamped it to the intake, and filled the windshield washer tank with two-stroke fuel to power it. Along with the Tornado, clear spark plug wires, and stickers, I've got it into the 11's. :lol:

gosh, you must have the Turdnado turned around backwards!! Those get you into the mid 10s all by itself!

Latest posts