Who says we can't rent a Uhaul?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Rampino

Reaction score
Picked this up to move some furniture. Made the reservation online for a Ford F150 Crew Cab.

[Broken External Image]:

Uhaul won't rent anything to someone that's gonne pull their trailers with an Explorer. Ever since that big thing with Ford and Firestone tires blowing out it was put in the agreement that Explorers aren't allowed to pull their trailers, bigtime B.S. In my opinion. I go to a guy I know and rent from his uhaul place when I needed a car trailer.

So what's the big deal with renting a uhaul with an ST?

Ford Explorer + shredded Firestone tires = no U-Haul rental. You would think they would be over-it by now...

Oh ok.

But they'll rent a trailer to someone driving a POS Saturn sedan that's falling apart and the rear bumper is scraping the ground.

That makes sense, I get it now.

The fact of the matter is that we can thank the Big Blue Oval for our lack of ability to pull a uhaul with our tracs or explorers. In the first round of lawsuits Ford pulled uhaul into the lawsuit even though they were innocent and just happened to be following the explorer around when the Firestone/Ford thing started looking bad for Ford. After all that was over and uhaul had elected to not rent to explorers and get put in that situation again Ford went to them and promised that if they would rent to explorer owners that they would never draw uhaul into a similar suit where their trailer had no negligence. Well guess what? The very next suit of this kind that involved an explorer pulling a uhaul trailer Ford broke their word to uhaul and pulled them into the lawsuit. Don't ever expect the situation to change Ford stuck it in and broke it off.:(