Which shocks should I get?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Kaufman

Reaction score
I am going to need to replace my shocks...I have had them on for about 6 years now, and the ride is really rough. Currenlty I have Rancho shocks.

I really dont go off road much, but want something for smooth road drive and maybe a little dirt path driving...what do people recommend.

I have the Rancho RS9000XL and like them. Set to 6 up front and 3 at rear. They're spendy, but I like the adjustment.

Thanks, swshawaii.

I have a little over 50,000 miles on mine and was going to wait another 10,000 before replacing. Now you got me thinking ...

Yardsale- Curious what constitutes "normal operating conditions". Wouldn't hurt to ask. GL

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY (limited to qualifying Rancho products only)

Tenneco warrants qualifying Rancho products against defects in materials or workmanship (except finish) when used under normal operating conditions for as long as the products are installed on, and the original purchaser owns, the original vehicle on which they were installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
In that Rancho prides itself on off-road products, that could be a broad range. I'd say that if they knew (could prove) the vehicle was used for racing or jumping, they'd deny coverage. Other than that, claim ignorance.

I am looking at the Munroe reflex strut 71124 any comments on this strut lifetime warenty not going off road. I didn't see a how to replace the struts in wrench section .thanks

Last edited by a moderator: