Which fuel pump for 2001 Job 2?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Witczak

Reaction score
The fuel pump has gone out on my 2001 Job 2. In looking for a replacement, I keep seeing a choice for the 2001 year for fuel pumps with 1 port or 2 ports. Does anyone know which one the job 2 has? I'd rather have the pump on hand before I drop the fuel tank and I don't want to order the wrong one.

Also, any suggestions on ordering the full assembly vs. just the kit to replace the motor and other important parts?

-Ray

I believe you can just look in front of the tank and see how many lines come to the tank..

Todd Z

When I went through a couple of Ford Explorers it was always the fuel pump relay that went. I had to remove the fuse block under the hood to get at it, I havent checked to see where it is in my 2003 yet.

Dave :driving:

We buy the "pump" only from various places on e-bay for about $40 bucks, as opposed to about $300 from the local parts stores. Have not had any problems from them yet.

BE AWARE that you need to CAREFULLY remove the tubing from the old sub-assembly ( best way is to cut it with a razor knife) though or you can break the ports off, and then your screwed.

Latest posts