Where were you when 9/11 attacks happened?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Seeley 3

Reaction score
I was living in hawaii so it was early in the morning my dad woke me up and said we were being attacked I was like huh?? went down stairs and saw the first building on fire, pretty scary stuff watchedit all morning, plus I still had to go to school all we did was watch the news in class anyways

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1128401&REPLYCOUNT=57&sitename=mysporttrac

I was on vacation for the forth day of a 5-day week. the next day ,I cancelled my vacation and went down to ground zero for the rescue & recovery operation. it was the most disturbing thing I ever did. May God Bless and Keep their Souls. :(

I was at work in a meeting when someone came in to tell us what had happened. We all left the room to go to our TV room to see what was happening. People were crying and in shock.

It was a day I'll never forget.

By the way, our TV room is the room where we have our Emerrgency Operations Center for Broward County School Board. It's loaded and ready for hurricanes.

I was late for school that morning. I had a broken foot and rode my bike to class. When I got there everyone was in such a sombre mood and I thought it was my fault for being late. My teacher said I better head down to the cafeteria to see what was going on. I dont think a single class got any work done that day. Infact, they may have sent us home.

I spent the rest of the night glued to the TV while they tried to figure out how to deal with the situation and who done it..

Actually... I was glued to the TV for the rest of the week.

I was at work...We were listening to the radio. It came over that " A plane had hit one of the Twin Towers." My first thought was somebody flew a cesna into the building. We all gathered around the tv in stunned silence. I was watching live when the 2nd plane hit. Shock is the only word to describe it.

I slept on the couch that night watching everything that went on.

I have to say that my feelings on osama B. lauden is " NO BORDERS !!!!!!!" Any place on Earth he goes should be open game for us to get him. If he is in Pakistan smoke him out !!

Well I actually was sleeping in late. I was in my final year of college working on a Java web project for Chrysler til 3 am on Sept. 10. My mom called me and I shot straight out of bed and went online. An odd feeling to because half my class was arabs.

So the next day we were talking about it and literally 4 Arabs went on this huge fit about how American should not talk about Arabs in this matter that we were racist pigs. Those 4 never returned to class. I remember the professor said he even got complaints from the Dean. All we did was talk about what the media was saying. My professor was from India too.

It was in the morning here in Hawaii, I was lying in bed with a severe hangover, my birthday being the day before. I remember my girlfriend waking me up abruptly and dragging my drunk a$$ into the living room. What I seen on the screen was surreal, I was confused to say the least. After a few minutes reality started to sink in. I was still confused but also angry, fearful, sad.........

My heart goes to all those who may have lost loved ones to this catastrophe, God Bless.

My daughter was just released from the hospital the night before. She was born on Sept. 5th and was 5 weeks early. She was in NICU for 4 days before they were able to release her. I had just woken up the next morning, and the TV in the bedroom was turned to CNN. (we used it for a nightlight so we didn't run into anything when it was time to feed her) I was watching the news about a plane that crashed into one of the tower. I called down to my wife to turn the TV on in the livingroom because "some idiot crashed his plane into one of the Trade Towers", and that was right when the second plane crashed into the other tower. I went nuts. I told my wife right then that it was Terrorists. We were just stunned that this could happen.:angry:

I was off of school but getting ready for work when I saw the 2nd plane hit. That night my (now wife) and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary, so today we've been together for 10 years. We wanted to get married on 9/11 but opted to flip the 9 upside down and have a summer wedding:wub:

I was sitting behind a RADAR Scope talking to about 7 planes. The skies that day were crazy once it all went down..... Every plane in the sky was ordered to land and I had to be the one on watch during the recall!? Damn!

Was working as an electrician, roughing in 12-2 at a new home construction site. Guy from a builder's supply company was delivering drywall to the next door house and ran inside to tell us. Obviously in shock, but not knowing the magnitude, we immediately stopped working and listened to the radio all day. We heard live coverage of the 2nd plane slamming the tower. I remember distinctly hearing the fear and confusion in the reporters voice.

I'll also never forget stepping outside that house and seeing the stacks from the Berwick, PA nuke plant. Thought for sure it could be a target that day.

Definitely a day I would love to, but won't ever forget. RIP to all who perished.

I was in the cafeteria at work, getting some breakfast. There's a TV in there that normally has ESPN on, and the night before Ed McCaffrey of the Denver Broncos had been seriously injured on Monday Night Football, which coincidentally was the opening night of Invesco Field. I wanted to see what his condition was--and found out about the first plane hitting when they were covering that instead.

My wife was at the doctor's office--finding out she was pregnant with our first child.

It was a very bittersweet day.

At home in L.A. getting ready to go to work when I heard the news on the radio. At first I couldn't beleive it and turned on the TV and was devastated and pissed. By the time I got to work they told us to go home as they were closing some of the high rise buildings in the downtown area in case of an attack here.

Getting ready for work. Instead of getting suited up for regular work, ended up in tactical gear with helmet, subgun, etc. Nobody knew what was going to happen next. Brought extra clothes and stuff on the possibility I wasn't coming home for a while.

I addressed a bunch of 8th graders today about 9/11. They were all about 6 years old when it happened. So innocent. They were fascinated by the event and were pretty knowledgeable about it.

Latest posts