Where to buy a Multifunction Switch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donald Moore

Reaction score
My multifunction switch on the steering column (wipers, turn signals, etc) has gone bad. The wipers only work in the high speed mode. I have an '03 2WD model. Where is the best (and least expensive) place to get a new one?

Are you 100% it is the switch and not the common wiring problem in the steering column ??

Tilt your wheel UP and see if the switch works again..

Todd Z

I replaced mine (04) not too long ago but I can't remember whether I got it online or from dealership. Cost was like $35.

edit: Oops, I found my invoice. I got it from Rockauto.com. Enter part#SW6060.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure it is the switch. If I turn the wiper switch on and off real fast about 10 times it will sometimes catch and work (in the first detent position or slowest intermittent wiper position). Normally the wipers won't come on at all until I turn the switch all the way to fast and then they work fine (but really fast).

I had exactly the same problem on a '97 F-150 two years ago and a new switch fixed it. It looks just like the same switch. They must wear out after awhile.

The classic MFS failure. Just replaced it on my 99 F150 for phantom wipers. They would randomly come on for no reason. Sometimes stay on for hours. All this while the swtich was off.