Where the Worst Drivers Live (from Yahoo! Autos)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read this too. Was wondering what our east coast members thought of this. Driving mostly in Illinois & Iowa I'm surprised there was that big of a difference between the 2. Then I thought, Chicago, they always bring the rest of the state down. To me the driver's in Iowa seem to be some of the worst I normally see.

Ok, something isn't right, Washington is tied for 17th and Arizona is at 30th!? I learned to drive in AZ and they drive alot smarter there then here. My first freeway dealing with here in WA was someone stopped on the freeway on-ramp waiting to merge! I was doing 60 by the time I realized she/he was stopped, thank God for good brakes and better tires! I think WA is still learning what a suicide lane is!

The higher the ranking number the worse the state from what I read !!!!!

YES NY !!!!

Todd Z

When I lived in AZ in 1989, I saw a Ford Tempo with:

No trunk lid (whole rear end was crumpled read from an accident)

A piece of 4 inch steel tube for a rear bumper

Boat Trailer looking tail lights attached with L brackets to the wrinkled fenders

One read door missing

And this "vehicle" was presumably street legal as it had a valid plate on the duct taped to the inside of the rear window.

Yeah... I can see AZ being ranked 30th.

Wait, that was my first car! Just kidding. I never got in an accident in AZ, but been invloved in 3 here. And one when I was parked, at the airport, on the tarmac, with NO OTHER VEHICLE AROUND! go figure, and congrats Todd! :cool:

When I lived in AZ in 1989, I saw a Ford Tempo with:

No trunk lid (whole rear end was crumpled read from an accident)

A piece of 4 inch steel tube for a rear bumper

Boat Trailer looking tail lights attached with L brackets to the wrinkled fenders

One read door missing

I've seen worse in Mississippi, where they don't even have state inspections.

I grew up in NYC - aggressive drivers

Lived in Miami/Ft Lauderdale - oblivious drivers

Lived in California - I couldn't even discribe them!

then lived in NJ for 27 years - obstinent driver

Now I live in Virginia -

These people are MORONS.

The biggest offenders are soccer Mom's in Yukons who feel they won't get their butts kicked and teenagers in rice burners. But they come in all sizes

They:

1 Tailgate (they call it draftin')

2 Speed (they call it qualifyin')

3 Get in their cars & start talking on their cell

4 Refuse to use directionals

5 Back out of parking spots w/o looking

6 And they live by the battle cry..."Y'all ain't gettin' in front of me!"

You need an M35a2 6x6 deuce and a half to survive here

Last edited by a moderator:
In Hawaii the term "courteous driver" borders stupidity. What a contrast moving to Southern Cal in the eighties after living on Oahu all my life.

Hawaii ranked the third worst state in a survey last week. The top two "bonehead" states were New Jersey and York.

Driving at the normal flow on the freeway, ( 60 MPH), in the left lane a "driver" with a cell phone stuck to her ear, made a three lane change with less than 500 feet to the off ramp.

No signal, or glance over the shoulder. I guess if you drive an H-2 everyone will "yield" to you.

Our drivers are notorious for not using turn signals, stopping at highway speeds to let cars merge, and doing everything but "driving" behind the wheel.

I.E.- Eating, applying makeup, reading maps ,etc. Many use their horn before touching their brakes.

A law was recently passed banning cell phone use while driving unless doing so "hands free" effective July 1.

Thank Goodness. Hope our P.D. enforces it.

Oh yeah, ever wonder where the term "Drive By Feel" or "Braille Lane" came from? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pissed that New York "bumped" us out of the top spot. It has to be a very close margin, because both states are a bear to drive in. The Garden State Parkway is often refered to as to as the "G.S. Grand Prix", 80mph, bumper to bumper, is the minimum during commute times, its like stock car racin'. Its crazy. You talk about people doing things in thier cars that are distracting, here's one: Last week, heading for the Grand Prix to go to work and in front of me, in a school zone, there is a kid shaving his head with an electric razor!! I just had to laugh, first time I saw that one. And don't get me started about the over medicated, "blue hairs" that leave a wake of destruction behind them as they go obliviuosly about their travels. And the 17 to 25 age group with their mufflerless 5.0 mustangs. Oh, and the Brooklyn-queens expressway is murder. Almost got crushed by an H3 coming up the on ramp. I'm on my way back from meeting Todd and others and this IDIOT is yellin, blowing the horn and making all sorts of gestures. So I showed him what I thought was his IQ. He chased me all the way back to Jersey, I lost him on the Gran Prix track, oh well. :wacko:

where they don't even have state inspections.

What are those? I havn't had one since I moved out of Missouri 7 years ago.

Learned to drive in SoCal.

Lived in MO, IL, OK and now Arkansas.

Missouri? St Louis drivers are about the dumbest group out there.

Arkansas? Oh, hey it's raining for the 6000th day this year. We better drive 35... in a 65.... in the left lane.

Illinois? Let's not even start, morons.

SoCal? Get the f&*$ out of their way.

Oklahoma.... learn to dodge tractors, cows and cars only doing 70. After all, 70 is just a suggestion on the turnpike.

I'm pissed that New York "bumped" us out of the top spot. It has to be a very close margin, because both states are a bear to drive in.

Basically it's because I moved from NY to NJ and shifted the balance. You now have one more good driver in this craphole of an automotive debacle, and one less good driver in that craphole of a state.

Latest posts