Where should I move???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're going to continue to call yourself "Tonka Trac", you really should move to 'Tonka--Minnetonka, Minnesota, that is, the birthplace of Tonka Toys. It's an absolutely beautiful area, in the western Twin Cities suburbs, wrapped around gorgeous Lake Minnetonka!

My vote would be for the front range in Colorado. Real pretty there and as PRM said it is sunny 300 days a year. That or western NC. Doesnt get too hot in the summer and doesnt snow that much in the winter. Around the Asheville or Boone areas.

PS dont come to MD. Im leaving whenever I get the chance.

I'm partial to the beauty of Oregon, unfortunately the politics here are horid. Oregon's economy is volitile; falls fast in recession and slow to recover. There is good high tech jobs in the Willamette Valley but Bend is the fastest growing area and better weather being on the east side of the Cascades. Bend is my favorite outdoor playground in Oregon. :wub: On the coast where I live is a close second. No jobs!

Idaho fits my political thinking better than Oregon but no Pacific Coast. It is nice and dry in Pocatello, hot in the summer cold in the winter with low humidity. If you go North up I-15 there is Idaho Falls, it is also nice, has affordable housing while close to Jackson Hole, Yellowstone and some of the best fly fishing in the Country. :) I've spent 4 summers in Jackson Hole working. Absolutely beautiful but it costs $$$$. The richest area in the country. ($$ per capita). Most working class in Jackson commute from Idaho to work there. Because of the proximity to those areas property value in that region of Idaho is climbing fast.

http://www.pueblo.us/

I currently live in southern Airzona but my best 10 years of life were in Pueblo, Colorado.

Mild winters, near the mountains, fishing, swimming, hiking, boating, great economy, beautiful summers, fantastic restaurants (especially if you love Itallian), and much more.

David <><

TJR- I had a good friend that lived in Boone for several years while attending ASU. His house didn't have AC. I spent many summer weeks up there and it was never hot enough to need it. Maybe I'm wired different...:rolleyes:

Now, where I live in NC, the "Mayberry" area, yes, you need AC! Hot and humid!

Thanks, Kelly, I just assumed all of NC was relatively the same, and I know around the Raleigh area it can get "hotter than a pepper sprout" (my 5 year old daughter's favorite new saying ever since she became a Johnny Cash fan).

If in the hills and valleys of a hot state, you can get much coller at night. It all depends on whether or not your local area gets a break in the humidity, or if the humidity stays overnight and locks in the heat.

In Southeastern PA (burbs of Philly), where I live, the humidity gets "locked in". I REALLY need a gable vent and fan in my attic to exchange the hot air in there at night; our upstairs is a good 10deg hotter than downstairs, and we have central air with only one zone, and the thermostat on the first floor (bad design...probably should be two zones).

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Like most things, the cost of housing is based on supply and demand. If you live, or want to live, someplace where a lot of people want to live and/or have a high income, then houses will cost a lot. If you live someplace where people don't want to live (like I do) and they're dying off faster than new people are moving in or being born, then houses don't cost a lot.

Latest posts